2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday's set up for playing away to City was under normal circumstances for that game, and he did snuff out the threat of Grealish from his side as directed by the Manager, so you've answered your own question Div!!

Grealish was involved for City's goal. That's not exactly "snuffing a threat out" is it?

Patterson was hauled off with half an hour left as it turned out. Lampard did that for a reason.

City were targetting that flank and Foden would have had him knots.

Overall, this must be exciting for you...you know, talking about teams in a big league.

Behave. He (mostly) just tells it like it is. Patterson is okay. We paid way over the odds and it's created a narrative for those obsessed with playing Fifa or Football Manager games on the Internet that suddenly we have this world class young defender in our midst. We don't.

Likely he'll be a bang average Premier League player that will end up swimming in cash and no doubt agitating for a move in a year or two. Compare that to the length of service Seamus has put in. Anyway. A modern day Earl Barret with the same strengths going forward and fragility in defending due to basic errors.

Is he hell a "fan favourite". Where I sit the majority have concerns about his defensive frailties that we can't afford.

I've never slated Earl Barret. I'm just saying that's probably his marker - an average Prem Right Back.

I'm generally not one to nitpick.

However, comparing Nathan Patterson to Earl Barrett is perhaps one of the strangest headshakers ive encountered.

For younger fans, "Earl" was sent off on his debut, unfathomably replaced fans favourite (and superior player) Matt Jackson and his frequent smashing of the ball off the pitch (rather than making simple passes or runs down the line) was a sight to behold.

He was cup tied which probably saved us from a hiding on the way to our last cup win. Koff Barrett and EEEEAAAARRRRLLLLL WTF EEAAAARRRRRLLLL were two of the frequent shouts at the match.

Cant see any similarity with Patterson.

I'm generally not one to nitpick.

However, comparing Nathan Patterson to Earl Barrett is perhaps one of the strangest headshakers ive encountered.

For younger fans, "Earl" was sent off on his debut, unfathomably replaced fans favourite (and superior player) Matt Jackson and his frequent smashing of the ball off the pitch (rather than making simple passes or runs down the line) was a sight to behold.

He was cup tied which probably saved us from a hiding on the way to our last cup win. Koff Barrett and EEEEAAAARRRRLLLLL WTF EEAAAARRRRRLLLL were two of the frequent shouts at the match.

Cant see any similarity with Patterson.

You're doing Barrett a disservice there. He came in as he had more to offer going forward. The similarly is in the propensity for defensive errors and lack of a football brain. But Patterson is still very young so will no doubt improve and is already I'm sure a millionaire so hardly a sob story.

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!
Any chance you can get a pic of the inside of Nathan’s fridge and post it in the fridge thread please.

Anyone else notice that FL grabbed him by the injured hand causing NP to wince in pain when Frank went to congratulate him as Patterson went to the subs bench?

Grealish was involved for City's goal. That's not exactly "snuffing a threat out" is it?

Patterson was hauled off with half an hour left as it turned out. Lampard did that for a reason.

City were targetting that flank and Foden would have had him knots.

Overall, this must be exciting for you...you know, talking about teams in a big league.
?Is this you trying to pin the City goal on NP now?
Your relentless i'll give you that!

Tbh exciting and Everton don't tend to go together normally!!
Take it you'll be tuning in to the Big game at Ibrox tomorrow? I'll give you a wave from the Copland!

?Is this you trying to pin the City goal on NP now?
Your relentless i'll give you that!

Tbh exciting and Everton don't tend to go together normally!!
Take it you'll be tuning in to the Big game at Ibrox tomorrow? I'll give you a wave from the Copland!

What would you know about 'normally', you only ever took an interest in Everton when that dud of yours signed.

And I cant imagine you in the Copland Stand with all those ruffians, Broderick. Are you sure a Bearsden boy like you will manage?

You're doing Barrett a disservice there. He came in as he had more to offer going forward. The similarly is in the propensity for defensive errors and lack of a football brain. But Patterson is still very young so will no doubt improve and is already I'm sure a millionaire so hardly a sob story.

Not the barret i remember. Going forward was the weakest part of his game.
I was more confident though that if he was being attacked by a winger that he would hold his own.

Long time ago now however.

What would you know about 'normally', you only ever took an interest in Everton when that dud of yours signed.

And I cant imagine you in the Copland Stand with all those ruffians, Broderick. Are you sure a Bearsden boy like you will manage?
? Think you'll find if you use your highly developed trolling skills that i was posting on GOT long before young Nathan was even playing for his favourite teams youth set up!!

Great bunch of guys that sit around me in the Copland, you should come up and introduce yourself sometime!! ?

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!
You're so right to be proud of him, he's gonna be world class

? Think you'll find if you use your highly developed trolling skills that i was posting on GOT long before young Nathan was even playing for his favourite teams youth set up!!

Great bunch of guys that sit around me in the Copland, you should come up and introduce yourself sometime!! ?
Ha Ha.

Broderick sitting there with his tartan rug and a flask of cocoa amongst the knuckle draggers.

Enjoy tomorrow's defeat. I know I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.