2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave. He (mostly) just tells it like it is. Patterson is okay. We paid way over the odds and it's created a narrative for those obsessed with playing Fifa or Football Manager games on the Internet that suddenly we have this world class young defender in our midst. We don't.

Likely he'll be a bang average Premier League player that will end up swimming in cash and no doubt agitating for a move in a year or two. Compare that to the length of service Seamus has put in. Anyway. A modern day Earl Barret with the same strengths going forward and fragility in defending due to basic errors.
Coleman is still twice the defender Patterson is now...and I wouldn't say that's ever been Seamus' forte either. He's got experience of knowing where to be though, and he's able to play in games like that yesterday where nothing is expected of him attacking-wise so he can conserve energy and stay compact in a back 5.

This is his first season playing regular first team football. Remember that when you critique him.

I think he is doing pretty well so far.

Mate I've not had a pop at him. Literally the opposite. I've said he's a young kid with decent potential. Of course he makes the odd mistake. Hence my view we should send him out on loan whilst he learns. The transfer fee we paid isn't his fault. All I'm saying he's not currently world class as some of his fanboys are suggesting.

He is becoming a fan favourite.

Ignore DaveK. He hates everyone, but saves his harshest criticism for our best players. He still hates Banes who was one of our best left backs ever!

Is he hell a "fan favourite". Where I sit the majority have concerns about his defensive frailties that we can't afford.

He's only played 40 games in his career. Its disgusting he's not cafu already.

Earl barret wasnt that bad btw. Good tenacious defender hard to get by most of the time.

I've never slated Earl Barret. I'm just saying that's probably his marker - an average Prem Right Back.

Mate I've not had a pop at him. Literally the opposite. I've said he's a young kid with decent potential. Of course he makes the odd mistake. Hence my view we should send him out on loan whilst he learns. The transfer fee we paid isn't his fault. All I'm saying he's not currently world class as some of his fanboys are suggesting.
I think he's doing pretty well tbf
Grealish on his day is a handful for any defender
Coleman might've handled him better, as he knows him better, but not for 90min
Games like that will make Patterson better, got a yellow, struggled a little but their goal didn't come from his side and that's gotta be worth some merit

Is he hell a "fan favourite". Where I sit the majority have concerns about his defensive frailties that we can't afford.

I've never slated Earl Barret. I'm just saying that's probably his marker - an average Prem Right Back.
He has changed league, moved away from his family and joined a struggling team. It is difficult to come in and tear tgdd Ed place up straight away.

If we had £30m to spend on an oven ready rightback, I’m sure we would have done. But we didn’t and we haven’t.

He came with a good reputation. The MOTM votes on here and the BBC suggests he is doing well and people like him. I wouldn’t expect him to be the finished article, and I’m not taking any notice of Davek when it comes to evaluating fullbacks. His views do not concur with the majority.

Coleman is still twice the defender Patterson is now...and I wouldn't say that's ever been Seamus' forte either. He's got experience of knowing where to be though, and he's able to play in games like that yesterday where nothing is expected of him attacking-wise so he can conserve energy and stay compact in a back 5.
Coleman is awful now and has been for a couple of seasons, always has mistakes in him, he was on the pitch for 10 seconds yesterday and nearly cost us a goal from a mis placed pass straight to a city player

….there’s an individual poster in here with a very personal & unhealthy;

53A78C25-0993-4199-A873-7C383C383A4C.jpeg

I think he's doing pretty well tbf
Grealish on his day is a handful for any defender
Coleman might've handled him better, as he knows him better, but not for 90min
Games like that will make Patterson better, got a yellow, struggled a little but their goal didn't come from his side and that's gotta be worth some merit
We played 5 at the back and 4 in midfield. And deep. There was no problem for any defender yesterday because they had safety all over.

Are you really suggesting Patterson could snuff out Grealish under nprmal circumstances?

Pfffft!

We played 5 at the back and 4 in midfield. And deep. There was no problem for any defender yesterday because they had safety all over.

Are you really suggesting Patterson could snuff out Grealish under nprmal circumstances?

Pfffft!
Well yesterday's set up for playing away to City was under normal circumstances for that game, and he did snuff out the threat of Grealish from his side as directed by the Manager, so you've answered your own question Div!!

Status
Not open for further replies.