2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
….Barnes is a real speedster who can cause us plenty of problems on that flank today. Patterson has more chance of matching him but Coleman would probably sit a yard deeper to give himself a chance.

i expect Patterson will start but I’m wary of Barnes regardless of who plays.

Can’t believe he didn’t start. He instantly started running forwards and looked to cause problems. Coleman is fine as back up but if Patterson is fit he has to start.
Got over the half way line more in a five minute spell than Coleman did the entire time he was on the pitch. Think he has to start home games like this, we need every attacking outlet we can get.

I have said previously he's a far better crosser of the ball than he's shown us so far. I think he's snatching at them. Played well when he came on but another poor cross from him.

Came on the pitch, wellied the ball 20 foot over the bar, got turned inside out a couple of times, then jogged back as Leicester tore us apart down our right for the goal that settled it.

Yeah, he's going to be a great upgrade on the waning Coleman.

Where was he when they broke for the second? Jogging back.
Not covered and there lays the problem. With full backs attacking it only takes one sloppy pass to leave them stranded. Should always be cover so when they broke Patterson was not to blame for Doucoure passing to a Leicester player

Not covered and there lays the problem. With full backs attacking it only takes one sloppy pass to leave them stranded. Should always be cover so when they broke Patterson was not to blame for Doucoure passing to a Leicester player
Garner was covering but did a crap job at getting in the way/making the tackle and just let them run past him.

But the move looked positive and Patterson was in the right place for the attacking move until doucoure did what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.