2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see him making 10 appearances for us this season.

I'm sure he's a very good prospect but he's made 27 senior starts in his club career, in Scotland

Was absolute lunacy for anybody to think he was going to come in and immediately be our first-choice.

It might be frustrating but he'll need time. And while I think he's a good signing, I also think it's fair to say that we really, really needed a right-back to come in straight away and I don't think we have that in Patterson.

But, going forward, he could well be the one for the next few years so let's just hope he impresses when he gets the chances. He'll benefit from all the training and better coaching

Can't see him making 10 appearances for us this season.

I'm sure he's a very good prospect but he's made 27 senior starts in his club career, in Scotland

Was absolute lunacy for anybody to think he was going to come in and immediately be our first-choice.

It might be frustrating but he'll need time. And while I think he's a good signing, I also think it's fair to say that we really, really needed a right-back to come in straight away and I don't think we have that in Patterson.

But, going forward, he could well be the one for the next few years so let's just hope he impresses when he gets the chances. He'll benefit from all the training and better coaching
Good comment this

Definitely need to temper our expectations.

Hugely disappointed that he didn't get minutes tonight. Why is Kenny getting played ahead of him there??
Kenny played left back/left mid, I'm not sure which. To be fair, he was good when he came on. Would have been nice to see Patto for ten minutes though. Don't think Lampard will give him starts until we are in a position of safety.

I’ve only seen glimpses of him with Scotland and Rangers plus the 60 mins he got for the U23s . He did well then, looked classy , it’s different though from stepping up to PL level .But on the other hand I’d have been really worried if he wasn’t a class above for the U23s as we don’t have another young right back at U23s ready to step up. There’s a clear path for him to take the Coleman spot eventually and I’m hoping that process starts this season .

We won't get a better chance to play him than Borehamwood to be honest. We are going to have most of the ball and territory so you want energetic attacking full back play.
Absolutely. I just hope he shows enough to keep Coleman on his toes for the rest of the season. Hopefully the new additions mean some of our underperforming players realise they have to up their game to stay in the team.

After reading the comments on here, made by Dave, 59, from Wigan, he`s returned to Scotland and is currently hiding under his mums bed, refusing to come out, until Dave, 59, from Wigan starts posting nice things about him and takes back the comments, he made, that he`s fiance was once a Lodge Queen.

….sad case that the previous manager was, I suspect there was politics behind the Obnoxious One not picking him.

Ferguson picked his mates in Kenny and Holgate & Lampard hasn’t really deviated from that squad. I fully expected Coleman to start yesterday, I hoped Patterson would come on for the last 20mins.

No idea if Mykolenko was injured, but not a good sign for him that he was brought off when we didn’t have another LB in the squad. Square pegs in round holes covering a LB was odd.

Once he assesses the players for himself, I’d be disappointed if Lampard doesn’t come to the conclusion that Patterson should share game time with Coleman. I‘d hope he’ll be our no1 no2 by the end of the season, he’s a class act.
This seems like a much more convoluted scenario than the possibility that a lad who wasn't seen as ready to get games in the SPL is also not seen as ready to get games for us.

Ideally he would have been given his Goodison debut as a late sub once we went up 3-1. I do think Lampard will give him more playing time and a start later in the season, but until we turn things around in the league and are clear of the bottom and not near europe then I can see Lampard using more of our squad and seeing what he has.

Right now with our current form and situation I think he values Coleman's leadership on the field. (Although personally I think Patterson now id probably a better wingback than Coleman is).

Status
Not open for further replies.