2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I would consider trying Paterson and Gordon on the right, Godfrey and Gray on the left and Richarlison up front with DCL on the bench. We I'll probably lose against West Ham anyway, but, at least this would give us blistering pace along both flanks, with the full backs overlapping and the wingers cutting inside. If nothing else, it would make West Ham think twice about playing too far up the pitch.

I can't imagine what this lad has done to be excluded from a side/matchday squad that includes the abominal failures that populate our full-back positions. While I have sympathy with a manager saying a young player is "not ready", this simply does not apply when we are playing supposedly more experienced players who are objectively not ready or are demonstrably oven-ready, like Coleman or Kenny or Godfrey. Turkeys in our full-back positions.

Got to be injured, if not it's shocking management. Being a Scotland fan I've watched this lad in all our recent internationals and he is a real talent. Kenny is not anywhere near his level and Colemans legs have gone unfortunately.

Everyone thought this when Lampard dragged him off at half time despite him being one of, if not our best performers.

Then Lampard said the change was because Patterson wasn't doing as he was told...

Status
Not open for further replies.