Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
worst thing is Martinez like him, he genuinely likes him! Tried to sign him for Wigan, delighted when he got the job to have him in the squad. The clown isnt going anywhere!

Little Britain is sh*te though.

I've been Naismith's biggest critic but last night he was good first half. Looked sharp, made good runs and took his goal really well.

He was tripe after half time but not one of them, with the possible exception of Barry when he came on, played well after the break, so to lay the blame solely on him would be unfair.

Little Britain is sh*te though.

I've been Naismith's biggest critic but last night he was good first half. Looked sharp, made good runs and took his goal really well.

He was tripe after half time but not one of them, with the possible exception of Barry when he came on, played well after the break, so to lay the blame solely on him would be unfair.

That's the Naismith comparison ffs!

He actually gets himself in good positions and can be a threat but my God he needs to know how to pass a ball. He is so wasteful. I would not even attempt to pass the ball to him unless he is in the box.

An Arsenal supporting fan mentioned to me the other day how impressed he was at Naismith's ability to always win his headers.
I know its a bit of a sad compliment to give a professional footballer really but it was done so with the disclaimer that neither of us think he's a real athlete by any stretch...

he made some clever runs in from the left, clearly better there than he is on the right, the problem he has is that once the oppo picked up on these runs and nullified it, his technical ability is zero so he became gash again

Watched him at Hampden last night v Croatia, Man of the Match again!!!

He's improved this season no doubt, to a point where as a squad player he's now acceptable to have but overall he's still not good enough for us if were seriously wanting to challange up the top end. He strikes me as a Fulham type player.

But tbh I'm just thankfull he's improved on last season where I would go as far as to say he was one of the worse players I've seen in a blue shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.