Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
5c9502a6ac2642e59446893dd4aaa978.jpg

Muhamed Besic says he cannot stop smiling now that he has rejoined his Everton teammates in training.

The midfielder is back intermittently involved with the first-team squad as he advances through the various stages of recovery from a cruciate ligament injury.

It represents substantial progress for Besic who had previously been strengthening his knee with gym work and one-on-one outdoor sessions with members of the Club’s medical staff.

The 24-year-old is now into a fourth week of training alongside his colleagues, although he is still to reach a point where he can take part in the full sessions.

“The first training [with the squad] was in Dubai and that was a big thing for me. I was smiling all day,” he told evertonfc.com. “I’ve had more sessions now and I’m progressing every week. I’m still not 100 per cent but that will come in time.

“One-to-one training gets boring after time but that’s how it is and I have to go through this process. Now I’m with the team and I’m feeling really happy.

“I am doing passing drills and possession games and progressing until I can train fully. That should be soon.

“If you ask me, I would have trained straight away but the medical team didn’t let me. They know better and have taken care of me. Soon I will be able to do 100 per cent of the training.”

46d75a8d563141389282a5c5f6bf7487.jpg

Besic’s short-term aim is to recover in time to be able to play in a Premier League match for Everton this season.

He is, however, letting his head rule his heart and understands the importance of making steady, sensible progress from an injury of this nature.

“It’s whatever the medical staff wants from me,” Besic explained. “I would play a game now for Everton’s first team but there are people who know better and they will take care of me. Probably I will play one, two or three games for the Under-23s.

“If I get a some [Premier League] games that would be great but I’m not looking too far. I just look from day to day and train until the medical staff say I am ready.”

Hi Bryan.

I disliked the above post due to the LOL, which I disagree with quite strongly.

I hope you take this onboard when questioning the talent that is Mo Besic, a player I personally feel plays like Zidane in his prime.

Thanks for reading.

See this is an occasion where I think 'KOFF better fits the situation than Dislike. I don't dislike that you think this, I do find it something worthy of telling you to 'KOFF over.

Besic isn't even as good as Zidane's kids.

Been waiting all season for glass legs to get fit.

My fingertips are holding onto the
cracks in our foundations,
and I know that I should let go,
but I can't.
And everytime we fight I know it's not right,
everytime that you're upset and I smile
I know I should forget, but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.