Moyesy's Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Something is seriously going on at the club:
The players ask me regularly about what's happening, and that's because we have a good relationship. I've got a duty to the players. I feel loyal to the supporters and everyone at the club, but even more so to my players. We have a relationship here. You've heard them talk about the spirit we have here, and I want them to succeed. For that to happen, I'm the one that has to bring new players in, and at the moment I feel I am letting them down.

"There has been money there, but the availability of the players hasn't been there. For many different reasons, things just haven't fallen in the transfer market for us. We have got to bring in several players here and there are funds to do that, but you have to do your sums.
"I don't think I should have to lower my standards as regards the players we want, but I might have to.

"I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I understand the situation. I'm a loyal person, and I'll back the Club to back me. I won't change how I go about things.

Moyes said: "I feel loyal to the supporters and everyone at the club but even more so to my players. We have a relationship here. You've heard them talk about the spirit we have here and I want them to succeed. For that to happen I'm the one that has to bring new players in and at the moment I feel I am letting them down." He added: "We had a great opportunity from where we were to try and kick on at the end of last season.
"I understand the reasons why we couldn't and the next bit now is to get on with it and not moan about it. Not every football manager is lucky enough to be gifted with a lot of cash. But I am concerned. We need full houses at Goodison, and what does that? The team. People have watched Everton recently because we've been doing well."
Moyes would not be drawn on the reasons for Everton's current predicament or where he believes the fault lies, though he stood by his assertion it "would be criminal" for the club to waste the chance to press the top four and distanced himself from a club statement claiming money has been available for transfers all summer.
"Well, that's the club statement," he said. "The market is harder to buy in now, there aren't as many players. I felt the best time to increase the squad was at the end of last season or at least to start then. We've started a little bit later than that."

What's going on?

Seriously, something is not right.

he is narked right off.

last summer he was messed around with gonzales and fernandes, and the yakubu signing wasnt straight forward either.

problem is now, that the players required to improve us are being courted by numerous other clubs. when we were in for the likes of pembridge and gemmill it was straight forward as we were their best option, but top internationals like moutinho and wagner-love have options from CL regulars.

Its a money thing, signings and wages, as well as northwest england not being the dizzying heights of barcelona, milan, or london.

Seems simple enough to me. Up until recently, he's had little money or no idea what funds he has to play with so he couldn't go for his primary targets other than to enquire about loan deals for quality players. Now he knows what he has to go with the secondary targets he'll have to settle on now are thin on the ground and I suppose he feels he could have gotten them in if he'd have acted faster a few weeks ago...that's why he feels he's let his players down.

I just think that Moyes, and possibly Kenwright, are straight up people, perhaps naively so, and the top level of football now is a dirty place to be, inhabited by sharks looking for their pound of flesh from the sport.

I suspect the club acted with integrity this summer when a shadier approach would have yielded better results.

I just think that Moyes, and possibly Kenwright, are straight up people, perhaps naively so, and the top level of football now is a dirty place to be, inhabited by sharks looking for their pound of flesh from the sport.

I suspect the club acted with integrity this summer when a shadier approach would have yielded better results.

I agree with that Bruce, especially since he said we've been let down and need to learn from that. It does seem to suggest we left it in the agents hands and they didnt follow through on promises.

I'd certainly like to think that if we are struggling in the transfer market that that's the reason why, rather than we're useless/there's no money/etc.

If we havent got the money for world class players then get players that will do the job instead of fartin around. Look at Villa, havent broke the bank looked [Poor language removed] hot today.

Milito, Fernandes, Topal--if they were true rumours they wouldnt have broken the bank and we'd be solid enough. But no,its last minute jobs r us

WE SHOULD DEFINITELY HAVE SIGNED FERNANDES :( :( :(
Im watching him now against Real Madrid, he hasnt done much though to be honest, just came on as a sub, the commentator is South African and calls him PABLO HERNANDEZ lol

Valencia pretty much said have him. Whether it was a loan or at a cut price, we missed the boat big time

Exactly, 8 million and he probably would have been ours. Valencia probably would still sell if the price is right.

I said all along we aren't going to get much better, potentially Fernandes is excellent and he would have been an excellent signing for Everton. Certainlly a step up from what we currently have.

I just hope Moyes has someone better lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.