Moyes Satisfied With Opening Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Player Valuation: £100k
[imga="left"]http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/03/44/moyes_david_efc_profile_2006.jpg[/imga]

Everton manager David Moyes was happy with today's 2-1 victory over Wigan Athletic, which was achieved despite starting with eleven players who graced Goodison Park last season.

With new arrivals Steven Pienaar and Phil Jagielka starting on the bench, Everton secured victory with two goals from Leon Osman and Victor Anichebe.

"We thought we played well, but for the late goal," said Moyes.

"The players did what we asked. We wanted to get off to a good start and we did that."

Moyes singled out Osman in particular for finding the net to register the first goal of the new campaign for the Toffees.

"We played well to score better goals. I thought Leon Osman's header was terrific. It was the only place in the goal he could score."

With frantic media speculation regarding the possible capture of Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Manuel Fernandes from Middlesbrough and Benfica respectively, Moyes moved to praise his squad and indicated it'd take a special type of player to break into the side.

"I think if you look through today's fixtures, most teams are the same," Moyes stated.

"You need a certain player and a certain amount of money to walk into the Everton side."

Kilbane got a rough time from Arteta today, and I noticed Arteta doing the card thing to the ref.

Still noticed the usual grin from Kilbane.

I was a little disappointed with Arteta doing that, although I understand his frustration. The man is a magician, though. And Pienaar looked very promising too.

if arteta waved the fake card to a ref/player - then he should have been red carded and banned for ten games.

its stops now mikel.

Absolutely. If we don't stand it from other teams, we won't stand for it from our own. Set the example.

Agree. There is nothing more infuriating than a player doing that. I can understand a player getting angry with a bad call, but starting to do that sign... NO!

If you get a card for pulling off your shirt when celebrating a goal, I think you should get a card for doing that sign to the referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.