Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually know if Martinez has actually been approached? can't understand why people are having a go at him, it's up to him if he wants to leave Wigan and it's up to the Club to make approach. The level of abuse I've seen on this thread about current Everton coaching staff and Managers in the frame is truely shocking, it will be a miracle if any of them would want to join us.

Why? He won a trophy and they finished with a respectable league position which was likely their aim, with a squad with a budget about 60% of our own. So by all accounts he achieved more than the club expected of him. Let’s not forget it was Laudrup’s first season in the league. The way he changed the playing style for certain games, hints that he’s the kind of manager that studies the opposition and then works out how to set up his side. Against us at home he played an expansive game and Mirallas blitzed them. At Goodison he recognised the way Everton play and he shut up shop, knew we wouldn’t be able to break them down and he hit us on the break. They had the best chance of that game to be fair. You don’t have to have all of the ball to win a football match.

He beat Arsenal and Chelsea away from home, and they weren’t lucky wins either. Some of the best football of last season was played by Swansea. For Swansea their season finished when they won that trophy. Perhaps there are many younger people on these boards who have never really witnessed the club winning a trophy, but it’s a pretty big thing for everyone involved trust me. Once they’d won that, and were pretty much assured they couldn’t much higher or much lower in the league, they really just played out the remaining games without extending themselves too much. It was still a learning curve for him don’t forget and he’ll likely have still learned many lessons from those games. I think Laudrup showed more tactical intelligence last season than David Moyes has in 11 years at Everton.

Why do people always want longevity? Moyes was here 11 years and we didn’t win a thing. Just because Ferguson was at United for so long and won so many trophies doesn’t mean that strategy will work for everyone. Look at Chelsea, they chop and change their managers constantly and they’ve won every trophy there is to win in that time. Arsene Wenger has been at Arsenal for about 17 years and they haven’t won a thing for the last 7. Relationships don’t always get better with time. While some may get more used to certain things, others may start to get frustrated with the same voice/same message. Sometimes change is good. Managers and their chums in the media keep telling us that stability is the right way, because it ensures they stay in jobs.

If Everton were to get Laudrup, and he won us a trophy, maintained or improved upon the league positions and then decided to jump ship in 2 years to go to Real Madrid, would you think it had been a waste of time appointing him in the first place?

Excellent post sir- very good points indeed.

293061_10151389349136277_389626635_n.jpg

I can't be the only person who saw that on Facebook and felt a rush of panic.

Yup, they got me there as well. I wanted that right bloke to be Kenwright so badly, but then I looked at the left person. And wept.

Last edited:
Surely the internal interviews are purely to discuss roles for Neville,Stubbs and Weir under the new regime whoever that maybe.Iif you look at AVB at Chelsea and Spurs he appointed former players from both clubs as his assistant (roberto Di Matteo and Steffen Freund) its not only portugese managers who do this. Even Rafael did at Chelsea his first job was to appoint Bolo Zenden.
an unproven man would not work we all know that. Some people need to calm down with the Alan Stubbs has got the job shouts its boring!

Does anyone actually know if Martinez has actually been approached? can't understand why people are having a go at him, it's up to him if he wants to leave Wigan and it's up to the Club to make approach. The level of abuse I've seen on this thread about current Everton coaching staff and Managers in the frame is truely shocking, it will be a miracle if any of them would want to join us.
Goes over their heads mate,you become hard skinned to any abuse when your on something like a £m p a

Whelan on SSN just now.'Roberto has asked for some assurances and I've suggested we meet again on Monday giving me the weekend to se what I can do for him. Meanwhile...Martinez has flown to BARCELONA to 'see his parents'.........
not that far from Malaga ?

This thread will reach 1 million views before we appoint.

I'm going for 1001651 views, I've done the math with reference to my current guess of May 31st, 1398 pages, 27960 replies

I have divided the current views by the current amount of posts and with that sum, multiplied it by 27960 to come up with the above view.

If I'm right, i own all your souls.

Everton have never appointed a foreign manager

whats your view on this

Do you think it will mean the end of Pereira,martinez,laudrop,

Looking at the porto forum (i cant link dont have enough posts) it sounds like the president will be making some kind of update regarding Pereira around 21h (9.00pm??) on RTP1 (possibly a tv or radio show??). Also it reads like majority want a new manager but I am only going of google translate.

Got this of sky sports comments

jose says May 23, 2013 3:21pm

I'm from Porto and as FC Porto supporter I think it would be amazing to see Vitor Pereira managing Everton... He has not won much simpathy with a big part of the FCP fans but he his very skilled. We are very demanding. But since we've won the championship in the "photo finish", almost everyone of us is now asking him to stay in Porto!

Status
Not open for further replies.