Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Ratcliffe has hit out at Everton owner Bill Kenwright after David Moyes’ uncompensated exit to Manchester United has left them searching for a new boss on the cheap.

The Scotsman leaves Goodison Park after 11 years in charge after the final game of the season, but with his chairman failing to tie him down to a new contract he joins the Red Devils without the Toffees being paid a penny.

And this has infuriated the club’s former defender who reckons Kenwright should have been more switched on to Moyes’ exit.

Ratcliffe told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “Everyone has been talking about David Moyes leaving for Manchester United, but it has left a big hole and that is going to be a harder job to fill.

“Unfortunately we’ve got a person who was an asset to the football club leaving for nothing and the club have really not been proactive. They should have really nailed him down and got him to sign a contract so we could receive a fee for him.

“Moyes seemed to be pulling the strings and not Bill Kenwright. I feel that Bill has been a bit lax in this. He should have acted a bit sooner.

“It’s been done and dusted for a while. Not a week. You don’t sign a six-year contract in two days. I think it was on the cards for maybe a month or two. Sir Alex Ferguson said he made his mind up at Christmas so he would have been putting things into plan then.”

And Ratcliffe feels that because the club received no money as Moyes exited the club they may have to promote a coach from within like Alan Stubbs or Duncan Ferguson.

He added: “It’s quite known that we’ve not really got too much money. So, do we want to go out and pay for a manager?

“Michael Laudrup [will cost] £7million. Malky Mackay would be £3million and I don’t know what Roberto Martinez would be but there are obviously clauses in their contract that if they go the club will be compensated.

“I just feel Everton have been left a little bit rooted so they might go in house.”

Kevin Ratcliffe has hit out at Everton owner Bill Kenwright after David Moyes’ uncompensated exit to Manchester United has left them searching for a new boss on the cheap.

The Scotsman leaves Goodison Park after 11 years in charge after the final game of the season, but with his chairman failing to tie him down to a new contract he joins the Red Devils without the Toffees being paid a penny.

And this has infuriated the club’s former defender who reckons Kenwright should have been more switched on to Moyes’ exit.

Ratcliffe told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “Everyone has been talking about David Moyes leaving for Manchester United, but it has left a big hole and that is going to be a harder job to fill.

“Unfortunately we’ve got a person who was an asset to the football club leaving for nothing and the club have really not been proactive. They should have really nailed him down and got him to sign a contract so we could receive a fee for him.

“Moyes seemed to be pulling the strings and not Bill Kenwright. I feel that Bill has been a bit lax in this. He should have acted a bit sooner.

“It’s been done and dusted for a while. Not a week. You don’t sign a six-year contract in two days. I think it was on the cards for maybe a month or two. Sir Alex Ferguson said he made his mind up at Christmas so he would have been putting things into plan then.”

And Ratcliffe feels that because the club received no money as Moyes exited the club they may have to promote a coach from within like Alan Stubbs or Duncan Ferguson.

He added: “It’s quite known that we’ve not really got too much money. So, do we want to go out and pay for a manager?

“Michael Laudrup [will cost] £7million. Malky Mackay would be £3million and I don’t know what Roberto Martinez would be but there are obviously clauses in their contract that if they go the club will be compensated.

“I just feel Everton have been left a little bit rooted so they might go in house.”

Finally someone outside the fanbase is directing criticism at Kenwright.

RATCLIFFE IN!!

Its not his fault tho.

I hate the man, hes utter vermin and is destroying this Club 1 year at a time, but hes not to blame for Moyes leaving at the end of his contract.

Of course he is he is the chairman it would have been simple to say sign it or your sacked or have a buy out clause for Man U to pay a very poor business man is BK look at KD that was a costly blunder now this!

Of course he is he is the chairman it would have been simple to say sign it or your sacked or have a buy out clause for Man U to pay a very poor business man is BK look at KD that was a costly blunder now this!

Can you imagine the backlash if kenwright had sacked moyes ? The chairman would have been ridden out of town , keep in mind your talking now knowing he's bind to united then it would have been speculation (that most me included wouldn't believe ) .

I'm with goat on this personally .

So then he sacks him and we have to pay Moyes compensation as well as finding a new manager in the middle of the season.

No thanks.

Its not his fault tho.

I hate the man, hes utter vermin and is destroying this Club 1 year at a time, but hes not to blame for Moyes leaving at the end of his contract.

He is, as is the board, by continuously failing to find the necessary funds to properly go into the transfer market. One of the things I do credit Moyes for was his ability to find talent on the cheap, but the fact he had to sell to buy most years -- when only a few million in the transfer kitty would have made that unnecessary -- falls on that ballbag Kenwright's shoulders.

What should Kenwright have done ? Threatened Moyes with the sack if he didn't sign a new contract....that would have gone down well with the fanbase !

Somebody said David Moyes had become bigger than Everton and there is more than a grain of truth in that.
The board couldn't sack him and Moyes wouldn't sign a new contract.

I am petrified with what Kenwright is going to do to us...

However, there is a groundswell of opinion that Everton should look closer to home and reports are claiming that Kenwright is already looking at internal candidates.

Phil Neville, David Weir, Steve Round, Duncan Ferguson and Alan Stubbs are all said to be potential candidates to help fill the void left by Moyes.

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright is quoted as saying by The People.

"A lot of those mentioned are not too far away.

"Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

Small time, cheap [Poor language removed]. Hiring any of those will take us back 10 years ffs.

Gutted, but not really surprising is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.