Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this thread needs some cat gifs again

ON TOPIC: Think it's a matter of time before Martinez is announced tbh

Just looking at the odds checker and only Martinez's price is tightening this morning whilst all others are drifting (he's evens with Coral and 1/1000 with 32 Red!!!).

I don't think taking a team down is necessarily a bad thing for a manager. I know in my job I never try to make the same mistakes twice. He is still a young man. Don't forget, man Utds manager only kept us up on goal difference before obviously learning from it.

I'd love to see Neville as the no2 to any manager we appoint. Gut feeling says he will be the perfect Everton manager one day.

Edit: excluding any internal appointment as next manager by the club.

Poor ol Davey. When the Gods want to punish you, they listen to your dreams, and that cardie will be soaked in failure by the New Year

I think I've made peace in my own mind with Martinez. With the right assistants to keep the backline solid (along with the fact that we have some of the best defenders in the league, and hopefully will add more quality too), I think we will be okay.

Who knows, he might be a perfect fit and push us forward?

Why is everyone so over the moon about Laudrup? Swansea have been one of the worst teams in the prem the last half of the season. Great they beat Chelsea in a cup semifinal, Moyes has done similar. Difference is we didn't face a league 2 side in the final.

We just need to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone so over the moon about Laudrup? Swansea have been one of the worst teams in the prem the last half of the season. Great they beat Chelsea in a cup semifinal, Moyes has done similar. Difference is we didn't face a league 2 side in the final.

When did we beat Chealsea in a cup semi final? I remember LOSING to chealsea in a cup semi final

When did we beat Chealsea in a cup semi final? I remember LOSING to chealsea in a cup semi final

I said similar, not the same...we beat Utd in a semi right? Also we did beat Chelsea over 2 legs in the FA cup in 2011.

I think your probably right but the question is as well who will accept the imposition of internal staff to their backroom ? As it seems that the club at least see this as desirable ? I suspect Martinez might (given his assistant may well have a chance for the Wigan Job ) might be happy but surely most managers would want their own staff ?

The club would appear to want to keep at least the nucleus of the backroom together, which makes sense in fairness given our starting point is not the usual position that new managers find themselves walking into i.e. we're not on our arse.

Any new manager is going to want to bring at least 1 or 2 'friendly faces' with them, same as I'm sure Moyes wants to do at OT, but that doesn't have to equate to a mass clear out.

I'd love to see Neville as the no2 to any manager we appoint. Gut feeling says he will be the perfect Everton manager one day.

Edit: excluding any internal appointment as next manager by the club.

Couldn't agree with you more Neville knows and has the respect of the lads and would be a massive help to the incoming manger

Status
Not open for further replies.