Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who doesn't think Everton are going to struggle without Moyes is incredibly stupid. I don't mean to be licking Moyes out but I just don't see it. anyone we get must be in the Moyes mold to continue his work, not tarnish it and start again.

The thought of someone licking moyes out has truly horrified me

I read some of the good points on this thread and it sways me, then someone either comes up and effectively counter argues it or puts forward a case for someone who sounds acer. So I suppose its subjective and we don't know but will soon find out.

I tend to note what davek comes out with as he tends to not get many things wrong - the board, Jelavic etc.

Honestly have no idea where I was going with this post so I'll end it here.

Did you read any of my posts before writing that garbage.

I think all of us want someone to come in an take us further, Moyes has given a great foundation now we need to go forward. You've just stated the blind obvious.

Building on and taking further are different...

My worries aren't that Martinez is going to get us relegated, but that he isn't the right man to take us forward. That's just my gut feeling mind you. If he gets the job, I'll be fully behind him. Do believe though that there are a lot worse candidates than Martinez linked with us.

My worries aren't that Martinez is going to get us relegated, but that he isn't the right man to take us forward.

I don't think anyone thinks that. I just don't think he can match Moyes's league consistency (placing 5th-7th). We want someone who can at least match that and to eventually push us on to 4th and higher.

To expand on Chico's analogy of Everton being a reasonably fit bird from the vs Chelsea thread, Martinez is a reasonably attractive and sweet guy who we could certainly see ourselves building a future with. However, his previous relationship didn't end so well so we act with caution before we let him buy us a drink.

So we agree?

yes, we do. Tho' I hope the Klopp analogy others have talked about holds true:

Klopp was well-respected and liked while managing Mainz. The football he wanted to play was highly-regarded, tho' not always effective. This small club didn't have much money, but he kept them up (just) a couple of times. Eventually he got them relegated, but no one blamed Klopp. Instead they lauded his efforts at keeping them up for so long, and attempting to play progressive football.

Klopp later got a job at a sleeping giant in Dortmund. The rest is history.

My worries aren't that Martinez is going to get us relegated, but that he isn't the right man to take us forward. That's just my gut feeling mind you. If he gets the job, I'll be fully behind him. Do believe though that there are a lot worse candidates than Martinez linked with us.

That's how I feel,I am praying Kenwright get's this right it's a very big decision

Status
Not open for further replies.