Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we have two excellent candidates and one good one. Considering how some of us thought this was going to go, it must be considered a win.

Come on Vitor.

Vic can run the channels, but Jelly can't though. I'm not sure either manager plays a style that would get the most out of Jelavic. What worries me most about him is he's clearly very dependant on his confidence being high, that makes me think he'll blow hot and cold from season to season. He might well be suited to easier leagues where he'll get more chances, and ultimately keep his confidence high.

I'm no tactician like but I was agreeing with some lids during the season who pointed out that the type of service we give to Jelavic isn't primed for his game. He thrives off the throughball and clever movement. Obviously him turning to absolute pigsh*t didn't help but you'd imagine with decent width and someone like Barkley utilising forward movement from our strikers that he'd be a bit more potent. As you rightly say though mate it's apparent he's a confidence player. But [Poor language removed] me, when he's confident he's one fine slotter.

Jelavic is deffo a striker we could do with, just need a manager to convince him of this again

A confident Jelavic strikers fear into any opposition, I agree. But by goodness is he the epitome of hot and cold. When he's off, he's woefully awful. Outside of his goals, he offers nothing though. I'd just rather shot of him, but when I think back to his first season with us I can see why people would want to hold onto him and see what happens.

If we do keep hold of him, if he's not slotting them regular by Christmas, then I think he'd need to be move on then for sure.

I'm no tactician like but I was agreeing with some lids during the season who pointed out that the type of service we give to Jelavic isn't primed for his game. He thrives off the throughball and clever movement. Obviously him turning to absolute pigsh*t didn't help but you'd imagine with decent width and someone like Barkley utilising forward movement from our strikers that he'd be a bit more potent. As you rightly say though mate it's apparent he's a confidence player. But [Poor language removed] me, when he's confident he's one fine slotter.

didn't really help with him trying to work to Moyes ideals either though

he's an onion bagger, and that's all we want from him

Aye we do. The three names mentioned all like to pressure from the front though so I don't think there'll be too much change. Maybe if it is the confidence thing then he'll benefit from someone new. Saying that, Moyes got right behind him in the media all season.

Just reading this made me think of that sexy through ball that Gibson did to put Jelavic through at Villa away early in the season. Think Jela was through and defender took him out and my memory tells me the defender got sent off. As mentioned, these defence splitting passes are the ones he needs, not constantly going down the left side and swinging it into him.

Just reading this made me think of that sexy through ball that Gibson did to put Jelavic through at Villa away early in the season. Think Jela was through and defender took him out and my memory tells me the defender got sent off. As mentioned, these defence splitting passes are the ones he needs, not constantly going down the left side and swinging it into him.

Boss game that. Who was the game where Pienaar put Anichebe through to equalise? Can picture it, just not the team. Or was that Villa last season?

Haha, very true. On form and with the right service, he'll have us all in a frenzied state of euphoric hysteria for sure

Aye we do. The three names mentioned all like to pressure from the front though so I don't think there'll be too much change. Maybe if it is the confidence thing then he'll benefit from someone new. Saying that, Moyes got right behind him in the media all season.

Yep, Moyes was always praising him and behind him in fairness. It's a shame Barkley wasn't played more towards the end of the season, I think he'd have benefitted from that greatly. Even playing Ozzie behind him would have helped, especially when other teams had sussed out how to stifle Felli as the season wore on.

Status
Not open for further replies.