Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Martinez making a announcement on his future today or will it be tomorrow with today being a bank holiday?

Is Martinez making a announcement on his future today or will it be tomorrow with today being a bank holiday?

they shouldnt even have a bank holiday mate, he will be on about 40k a week but yeah, it will be tomorrow probably

No not a hope Vitor is still in the running mate i cant see past him i think he is the boards first choice and ontill he rules himself out i wont be thinking any dif

Vitor Pereira IN

Is Right.

Vitor for me. I too think he is the number one choice, and that Martinez is waiting to see what he does.

Vitor will announce he's leaving Porto in the next few hours. He'll officially be our manager by Wednesday.

Source: My brilliant brain.

In the interests of sectarian fair play we could also consider Mr Ally McCoist at 100/1 with Paddy Power!

291718_1.jpg
Or the second coming at 500-1?

images

So if Martinez or internal is the choice can we all agree on a designated moaning period?

I will support our new manager ... eventually. I am just going to need some time to moan first if its someone I don't rate. Seven days? I don't think we need to moan all summer so I'd prefer to keep it short.

Note: If we get VP and you don't want VP you aren't allowed any moaning period because you are a monster.

I can understand the Martinez reservations, but the mere fact of his relegation this season shouldn't be the only consideration.
It's really not though. Relegation is the easiest stick to beat him with but people have mentioned his shoddy defences, the fact that despite media plaudits for "attractive" football his teams score a shockingly low number of goals, his pitiful win rate, that other managers did better in the league with Wigan etc.

Let's not forget, the likes of Klopp and Benitez both suffered relegations earlier in their careers before going on to win trophies.
We should forget that. There are hundreds if not thousands of managers who got relegated and stayed relegated and never did anything of note as a manager since. Focusing on the three or four who succeeded and ignoring the thousands for whom it was a fair representation of their managerial ability is kind of silly.

It's selection bias ... they are prominent names and we know their stories (more than we know the stories of the far larger group of people who got relegated and faded away). Michael Jordan got cut from his high school basketball team ... however it would be absurd to expect everyone who gets cut from their high school team will turn out to be the greatest basketball player of all time.

What has the badge got to do with the next Everton manager ?
Well you could argue that if the club released a new badge which 90% of the fans hate they could most certainly appoint a manager which 90% of the fans don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.