Moyes or Benitez ???

Who would you prefer now ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe this question is even being asked! R.A.F.A. has won various La Liga titles, been a Runner-Up in the Premier League and the Champions League. He’s actually won the Champions League too. And won the FA Cup.

What has Moyes achieved? Moyes has given West Ham a stunning start to the season after spending around 20 times the amount that R.A.F.A. spent in the summer. But if West Ham are still in the top 6 come the end of the season I will be very surprised.

Not really comment on who's better manager. But it's the speed that Moyes has turned it round at West Ham that's so impressive.

This is the side that stayed up with point at Man U penultimate game of season, July 2020. Pretty much same team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-214150.png
    Screenshot_20211107-214150.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 74
Not really comment on who's better manager. But it's the speed that Moyes has turned it round at West Ham that's so impressive.

This is the side that stayed up with point at Man U penultimate game of season, July 2020. Pretty much same team.

Villa did a similar thing, now look at where their manager is. Rodgers actually won a pot but is not so hot at the moment with the same team. The difference between good and great managers is that the level stays more or less the same. Let's see what Davey does over a period of time, do they build and improve or do they fall back. Is a top club going to come back in for his services and so on.

Who has the better win percentage in the Premier League? Who has the most trophies? Who has the better pedigree? Who is the only one of the two to have finished Runner-Up in the Premier League?

To be honest if Moyes proved himself as a top manager and went out and won the Champions League I still wouldn’t want him here. He treated us abysmally. We showed him great loyalty even when he finished 17th, yet the media knew about him leaving us for the Mancs before our own board knew! Then he tried to poach our two best players. He is not an honourable man.

He wouldn’t come here anyway. West Ham have more money, a bigger stadium and they’re based in London, a city in which his wife apparently likes to shop at all the high end stores.

West Ham have started the season amazingly well, but they certainly won’t be where they are now come the end of the season.

Moyes is doing well at West Ham but lets be honest, he has done absolutely cack everywhere else since he left Everton. Even if he does as good at West Ham as he did at Everton they wont ever win anything. Bubble will probably burst at some point, cant see it lasting.

Moyes I'd doing a good job at West ham.
Saying that I don't want him back ever, he has had his chance and left when he thought it was a step up for him.
He is at the right club at the right time for him and west ham leave him there, I couldn't put up with blue bill cushing crap about him for one thing, and his attitude towards us while at Man unt put off any chance if a return for me .
Rafael hasn't had the time to say if he is any good or not here yet.
Ask the question in a season or two if they are both in there jobs , might be a better barometer of who is the better man.

It easy with hindsight, but the levels of fume when we appointed Benetiz, would have been nothing compared to appointing Moyes. Sacked by united and West Ham (first time) look at the job he did at Sunderland and Sociedad wasn’t great. He’s doing excellently at the hammers now, will it last I doubt it.

Hmm, do I want cancer of my testes, or cancer of my brain?

Neither is a great choice, right.

We have one, though, and we have to deal with it until we find a cure. Him being sacked, or him being a winner for us.

I think it'll be the former, rather than the latter.

Until that day, we take it like a champ, and suck it up, and act like it's not killing our asses.

And hope and pray for medicinal improvements.

Don't start about cancer refs, I've lost loads too.

Unless this is a safe space, then, my sincere apologies to y'all.

Who has the better win percentage in the Premier League? Who has the most trophies? Who has the better pedigree? Who is the only one of the two to have finished Runner-Up in the Premier League?

To be honest if Moyes proved himself as a top manager and went out and won the Champions League I still wouldn’t want him here. He treated us abysmally. We showed him great loyalty even when he finished 17th, yet the media knew about him leaving us for the Mancs before our own board knew! Then he tried to poach our two best players. He is not an honourable man.

He wouldn’t come here anyway. West Ham have more money, a bigger stadium and they’re based in London, a city in which his wife apparently likes to shop at all the high end stores.

West Ham have started the season amazingly well, but they certainly won’t be where they are now come the end of the season.
In fairness I think it’s natural that David Moyes’ stock rises amongst Evertonians whenever he beats the RS.

My son is 21 and in his entire lifetime we’ve only beaten the RS four times in the league. That’s not even one win every half a decade.

We have been starved of success against that lot.

As you say, though, he treated us shoddily and whether he would come back here is doubtful as he’s at a club that are currently ahead of us in terms of fanbase (or at least average attendance) and in terms of money.

Moyes is a good manager (that’s one of the reasons he left us for the biggest club in the country!) but too much water has passed under the bridge and he’s happy where he is.

Oh look, David is having a good season for the first time in about 15 years. Best manager in der werld, why didn’t you go for him Farhad? Jesus wept. Not saying things are going to plan at the moment, but if you look in terms of honours won, Benitez right now will be remembered as the superior manager. I still think Everton’s major problem is the players, and Moyes would be doing no better than Benitez with what is available

Oh look, David is having a good season for the first time in about 15 years. Best manager in der werld, why didn’t you go for him Farhad? Jesus wept. Not saying things are going to plan at the moment, but if you look in terms of honours won, Benitez right now will be remembered as the superior manager. I still think Everton’s major problem is the players, and Moyes would be doing no better than Benitez with what is available
Apart from two successful relegation fights at West Ham, and coming within a couple of points of getting top four last season.

Moyes and Benitez are both cut from the same cloth, both coach cowardly outdated drudgeball .
Their teams habitually surrender the centre of the park and lack ingenuity and inventiveness. They are entirely reactive.
Moyes saving grace this season is the presence of Rice.
Ideally I wouldn’t employ either of them.
West Ham just beat the RS 3-2 and are among the highest scorers in the league. If you think Rice and Soucek “surrender the centre” you are on drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.