Moyes on 5 Live at 8.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its subjective.

You say Yakubu was a miss and yet he scored more goals in his 1st Season than any Everton player since Lineker.
You say AJ was a miss, he scored some important goals and was sold at a profit.

And please, stop saying Heitinga was a miss, he was played at RB and DM, hes neither of these naturally, he excelled at CB.

On balance Yakubu was with us for 4 years. Only in his first season was his goal return what we would expect from a club record signing. The returns diminished until he only managed 1 strike in a 14 game season for us. He then left for a nominal sum. It wasn't what we hoped for when we shelled out £12.5m for him.

Johnson was only with us for a couple of years after we paid so much to sign him and Moyes only started him with Yakubu on 10 occasions. I think they could have made a decent partnership, but the manager seemed to only want one striker. The deal didn't pan out as we would have hoped and no effort was made to keep the player, so it has to go down as a miss.

If it wasn't for an injury crisis at CB would Heitinga have dislodged Jagielka or Distin? More likely he'd still be making cameos in midfield or as a starter in the league cup. We would have had to have cut our losses on him.

Either way we sold him for a profit. If someone wants to give me a chocolate bar I don't care whether it's because they don't like the caramel or the biscuit. Same outcome. And Yobo hasn't been on our wage bill, he's been on Fenerbache.

We'll still be paying part of Yobo's wages, most likely half.

If we could give Moyes £15m every season and he could bring us a Fellaini, great. But there's more chance that he'll bring us a Yakubu, a Johnson or a Bilyaletdinov. We did well to get our money back on AJ. Moyes somehow gets reckless if he's given large amounts of money to spend. He's proved that he's much better dabbling in smaller amounts.

If we could give Moyes £15m every season and he could bring us a Fellaini, great. But there's more chance that he'll bring us a Yakubu, a Johnson or a Bilyaletdinov. We did well to get our money back on AJ. Moyes somehow gets reckless if he's given large amounts of money to spend. He's proved that he's much better dabbling in smaller amounts.

I'll agree with that like.

Been saying for ages that Moyes is best getting value for money when signing players on the cheap.

yak cost £11.25 million.

Oh and I can't believe the negativity for Kroldrup. . . . . . not one of you monsters have stuck up for him!! Blerts.

I guess Moyes should have known what "type" of player Yakubu was, but he scored for fun before his injury, then just stopped trying, but I will admit, over his 4 Years and considering the massive loss after his sale, yes, he could be called a Miss.

I liked AJ, I really did, he ran the channels all day and his trickery and pace in the box won us many penos, before Arsene Arsewipe opened his mouth. Moyes bought Yakubu and given he loves the lone striker, there can be only 1, we got a cracking bid in from Fulham and AJ wasnt getting games so I regard it as a great move from both partys, but I personally dont consider AJ a miss.

I admit before Johnny got his place he was courting other Clubs, but you can only judge the man since hes nailed his place and hes defo a hit in my eyes, as his end of Season awards show.

I guess Moyes should have known what "type" of player Yakubu was, but he scored for fun before his injury, then just stopped trying, but I will admit, over his 4 Years and considering the massive loss after his sale, yes, he could be called a Miss.

I liked AJ, I really did, he ran the channels all day and his trickery and pace in the box won us many penos, before Arsene Arsewipe opened his mouth. Moyes bought Yakubu and given he loves the lone striker, there can be only 1, we got a cracking bid in from Fulham and AJ wasnt getting games so I regard it as a great move from both partys, but I personally dont consider AJ a miss.

I admit before Johnny got his place he was courting other Clubs, but you can only judge the man since hes nailed his place and hes defo a hit in my eyes, as his end of Season awards show.

The Heiting'ha End of Season Awards Show sponsored by sloggi

Did Phil just use the term "Homophobia" to describe the reason of why Pirlo only plays in Italy.

> Happy at Everton
> Not heard anything from Spurs happy at Everton at the moment
> Difficult situation, buy to sell
> Kenwright is great has clubs best interests at heart
> Jelavic was great for us
> Every player has a price

No need to listen to it.

^This^ Now shut up and kiss me.

I suppose by that token then, that old whisky nose has a poor spending record with veron, kleberson, anderson amongst others being major flops.

I suppose by that token then, that old whisky nose has a poor spending record with veron, kleberson, anderson amongst others being major flops.

To a degree, yes. He's made some terrible buys. His mistakes always look worse because of the money involved by being a bigger club, and also he's been doing it for 539 years, he's bound to make a few. For Veron (25 odd mil), see Solskjaer (300k).

Impossible to get every transfer correct.

Moyes job is always harder due to the money side of things (wages) even when he's spending big money (for us) there's a bracket of player he can get. Billy for ex. 9M to buy a winger who wants to come to a club not in Europe, on lower wages, and not being one of the really top teams is a hard task and will always be a bit of a gamble.

Tbf the guarantees of spending money on top players who are very small risk costs you probably 20M + these days!

Fellaini is the only player I would class as a big signing at 15M and that has proved excellent. Suppose to a lesser extent you could say yak Johnson and Billy at around the 10M were big transfers (for us) I'd say only Billy was a bad transfer! I don't believe 5M and less transfer's should be judged as such... That's loose change for most clubs to buy squad players yet moyes has done us some gr8 business around that price mark aswell as some bad.

Whether he's good or bad... I seriously believe if moyes had had Liverpool's 100M they spent under kenny we'd of finished 3/4th last season and would have a squad now only bettered by city utd and Chelsea.

You'd be mad if you questioned Moyes in the transfer market, he might have other faults in some our eyes, but he's proven it time and time again to be honest. When you see clubs like Sland splash stupid cash on gash, it makes you appreciate the players we pull in on the budget we have.

From what I remember, Andy Johnson's wife wanted to go back to London and was giving him grief. That was the reason he gave for going to Fulham.

A tidy profit for us too - for a player constantly injured. ;)

You'd be mad if you questioned Moyes in the transfer market, he might have other faults in some our eyes, but he's proven it time and time again to be honest. When you see clubs like Sland splash stupid cash on gash, it makes you appreciate the players we pull in on the budget we have.

Moyes transfer black spot is in the range of the £250,000 to £1.5M price range in which he's dallied extensively and from which players hardly ever bears fruit. He must have wasted a few quid here over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.