Moyes holds Everton dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people talk poo!!!

However he gets there over a season with no real money, he gets us there! You can't possibly expect any more than he has done here really.

Barkley will take us to another level next season playing in cahill's ACM role... Mark my words!
Pienaar Donovan and drenthe or at least 2 of them in the summer would make me a very happy toffee.
And a couple of freebies to bulk squad out.

Glad to hear it Davey boy.

Heres to another 10 Years, long may he reign.

Amazing what signing new players does for a team, Pienaar, Donavan and Jelavic have come in and ignited the whole squad and Moyes it would seem.

Owen WHO???

I think we'll be fighting for the european places again this season i always have believed that and tbh thats about our level in modern day football!
We've had a p*ss poor season so far and hopefully we are starting to turn it around!
We've had dodgy substitutions and Poor tactics in a few games which have drove us insane at times however take a look at all the other teams messageboards and they all moan about similar things! Even Mancini and ferguson !
We know our manager has a cautious way of going about things but we can cope this with when we are winning. If i remember correctly was nt mourinho accused of playing boring football with chelsea and he's supposedly a manager everyone wants???

OK first the negatives: The football can at times be a bit limited, the ability to compete hampered by lack of funds.

Here's two solutions: For the latter a better financial planning strategy from the club. For the former we turn to the playing squad & coaching staff. There are several problems - clearly the so-called big clubs have a major advantage in playing personnel so this is how I would want it to be turned around. On the plus side Moyes gets some great results against some of the big clubs (some of the time) - he gets that from motivating the team to take the 'oil rich' clubs on - no coincidence surely that we've got 8 wins in 10 against City & only one loss in about 5 years against Chelsea (3 home wins on the bounce against both - surely something no other club has come near). It's a bit different against Arsenal (although we've been a bit unlucky at times), Man U (away at any rate - home results have been good), Liverpool (not helped by some 'curious' refereeing that's for sure), Spurs (have won at their ground & finally at home after a long wait).

Nevertheless we need a better game plan against the rest. Whilst it tends to be ok-ish it can also be moderate at times & the football sterile. I'd rate him about 7/10 on this - 10 years at the right end of the table is pretty good (bar one season end).

Moving on to another opportunity missed: Moyes has a good enough reputation & has built a decent enough squad to attract some reasonable, further talent to Everton (such as Donovan) & unearth excellent bargains (Cahill, Arteta). Thank heavens for that. Naturally he makes mistakes (like everyone else) too - mostly on the forward front (Beattie, Yakubu (?), Johnson (?), Saha in the latter time he was at the club.) etc & some of this lies with the tactical approach. but also, more obviously, Van der Meyde, Kroldrup, Billy.

One opportunity he needs to grasp is to consider whether it is prudent to sell some players whose fitness is questionable. You might think therefore that Jack Rodwell, good though he probably is, is a bit of a liability in this respect - & Cahill seems to have gone that way too now - forcing old legs to get on the pitch in the hope of getting a goal or two. The Yak certainly was (post injury) & he should have got rid, maybe also Arteta a couple of seasons ago but he's fiercely loyal (not altogether a bad thing). Anichebe perhaps another case - though there are signs of improvement lately in terms of goals if not the fitness necessarily. So I'm suggesting he could learn that his loyalty to his players has a price. Whether any replacement manager would enjoy the same level of respect with the current squad is questionable. Whether a new manager could persuade others to join us is a moot point.

Additionally he needs to figure out what it is that manages to motivate Everton from average to good - our pre-Xmas form is average (equal wins to losses both home & away since 2005-6) whereas the post Xmas form is excellent (43 wins to 8 losses at home, remaining average away)

Pre Xmas form 05-06 to 11-12 (position in league is average points per game) 16, 8, 6, 7, 12, 15, 9 (average 10.4 or 10th)
Post Xmas form 05-06 to 11-12 - 8,7, 5, 5, 3, 7, 9 (average 6.3 or 6th)
Improvement +8, +1, +1, +2, +9, +8, = (4 places)

Get in there moysie, people who want moyes to leave are mad, if moyes went we would end up like villa have. They had martin o'neill and they were a good side, they were always up there with us for 6th-7th place and we always used to have great games with them, they had a brilliant midfield and a very strong defence. They started having a bad patch and a lot of villa fans were wanting him to go, ''his time has come'', then he went and now look at them, they have lost all there best players and have a clueless manager in charge. Just saying if moyes went it would be the same for us, we would get some clueless manager and most of our top players would leave. I hope moyes stays for a number of years to come.

Get in there moysie, people who want moyes to leave are mad, if moyes went we would end up like villa have. They had martin o'neill and they were a good side, they were always up there with us for 6th-7th place and we always used to have great games with them, they had a brilliant midfield and a very strong defence. They started having a bad patch and a lot of villa fans were wanting him to go, ''his time has come'', then he went and now look at them, they have lost all there best players and have a clueless manager in charge. Just saying if moyes went it would be the same for us, we would get some clueless manager and most of our top players would leave. I hope moyes stays for a number of years to come.

No need to chat BS mate,

O neil left as players were sold behind his back, villa fans loved him.

Whenever I hear Moyes in interviews it gets me so motivated and positive towards Everton. Although I believe he is too negative I would love to see him with money to spend.

Whenever I hear Moyes in interviews it gets me so motivated and positive towards Everton. Although I believe he is too negative I would love to see him with money to spend.

I imagine now billy is back in the ussr and he's brought in jelavic we could be on the abbey road to success!

I've already got my coat

I honestly believe that he's the best manager the club has had in charge. Ever.

Reasons?

No money to spend.
The money that has been there has always been spent in the right areas. (Except Kroldrup, Beattie and Davies)
Always up for it.
The club has him at heart.

And I can't imagine him going for the Spurs job.

Couple of wins doesn't change anything for me. Painfully limited, and the season has once again started in February.

I won't needlessly mark Moyes down - except Pienaar that was the same squad we started the season with, so I think he has no excuses for the first part of the season. But if he goes a full season without strange tactical decisions and overwhelming negativity then I'll change my view.

Not holding my breath like.

If we don't start to play better stuff now then there's no excuse. The only glaring difference is Arteta, but we still played fine football during the periods in which he was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.