Moyes doesn't know his transfer budget!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreeing with the genial Matt Damon on this. The whole kip and caboodle at the club is on lock-down with regards to transfers, for at least two week. I wouldn't fall for any of the red-top shenanigans, as they struggle to fill the back pages with stories once the Champions League / Play off finals have passed by. The only thing left to report on, will be their wild theories with regards to the managerial merry-go-round and the up-coming Under 21's fiasco.

Until I see some one physically standing there with a nervous smile whilst awkwardly holding up a replica shirt with their name on the back outside Finch Farm, then I won't believe they've signed for us and even then, I won't convinced until I see them in the flesh at Goodison :oops:

As Public Enemy always said.."Don't Believe the hype..urghhhhh " :dodgy::dodgy:

Last edited:
He doesnt know because what if Citeh come in with a £20,000,00 bid for Baines or even offer Bridge, RSC,SWP on top of that?

Don't worry, we'll have another summer of signing 3 lower league "bargains" and a couple of Bosmans in the hope that just one of them might actually be good enough to break into the starting XI in the next couple of years.

Moyes has been banging on about getting the players in early this summer so they can do the full pre season, so i presume the scouts are mooching at all players of a reasonable value and once Moyes knows his budget, then he can act. He has a habit of not getting his top targets though. ie: Sissoko, Parker and Owen in previous seasons.

im not worried that the fans dont know how much we have got. but id be shocked if moyes had no idea what he had.

Call me Crazy i think the board will give Moyes 15ish Mill and have faith in Moyes that it will get Everton top 5 and them money earnt from Euro and finishing higher will pay for it.

Last edited:
Call me Crazy i think the board will give Moyes 15ish Mill and have faith in Moyes that it will get Everton top 5 and them money earnt from Euro and finishing higher will pay for it.

You're crazy.

Even if moyes had 15mill to spend, the last thing he is going to do is tell everyone, including us fans. Otherwise, 3mill players turn into 5mill, and 10mill players are pushing 15mill. Straight away the value of our money has diminished. I for one expect no money, disappointingly yes, but even if we did have money would only want to know when I see an exciting player, wearing an everton shirt, with moyes smiling next to him.

Agreed. That is exactly what I said further up this thread!

Why would "Moyes doesn't know his transfer budget" surprise any of you. Its the same thing year in and year out. Typical of our Board.

I used to look forward to transfer rumours but, as i've come to realise its always just rumours. Any player that Moyes wants to get some other club will just offer more and they never seem to come our way. If we cant pay the salaries that players want how are we gonna attract players.

I love this club like no other but if we dont get investment I cant see how we ever gonna improve or hold on to the good players we do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.