Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect those sneering at it do so because they know there's no chance of it happening.

Come on...

Consider the managerial appointments and the shortlist for the last 20 years. We don't get title winners, nevermind the most decorated manager in the game.

Being one of the most decorated managers in the game doesn’t mean he’d be able to do anything here, with this rabble. If we’d brought him in after we sacked Martinez I might listen.

And you’re right, there is no chance of it happening.

I suspect those sneering at it do so because they know there's no chance of it happening.

Come on...

Consider the managerial appointments and the shortlist for the last 20+ years. We don't get title winners, nevermind the most decorated manager in the game.

Martin O'Neil was a massive favourite last time out.

Before Martinez our shortlist was Alan Stubbs, Davey Wier and Phil Neville.

But no lad, if we throw Jose 20m a year he will totally ruin his whole career by taking Everton to 7th.

All for it, with one caveat...Usmanov would have to get on board because a new stadium and Mourinho would be a lot to tackle. All we need is financial solidity, a plan and people who can see it out. I don't need instant success, just meaningful progress. With those two on board, I can't see that not happening. We'd have some teething issues, no doubt, but we've had decades of training in that.

He'd have 3+ years to build a squad to get the new stadium packed out. This squad's almost at a point of being capable of being a blank slate too, which helps. It's "poop or get get off the pot" time, though, if we're even contemplating it...which I don't think we are for fear of his propensity to not stick around. Who knows, maybe he'd like to have some stability but his track record doesn't suggest it.

I just see more of the same for us, though...wing and a prayer.

All for it, with one caveat...Usmanov would have to get on board because a new stadium and Mourinho would be a lot to tackle. All we need is financial solidity, a plan and people who can see it out. I don't need instant success, just meaningful progress. With those two on board, I can't see that not happening. We'd have some teething issues, no doubt, but we've had decades of training in that.

He'd have 3+ years to build a squad to get the new stadium packed out. This squad's almost at a point of being capable of being a blank slate too, which helps. It's "poop or get get off the pot" time, though, if we're even contemplating it...which I don't think we are for fear of his propensity to not stick around. Who knows, maybe he'd like to have some stability but his track record doesn't suggest it.

I love your naive “he will get 3 years to build a squad “ fantasy
He gets six months before the GOT assassins are in his case and the banners start flying

What we need is stability.

Not Jose Mourinho.

Since Moyes's left, we've been too quick to dump managers I believe. Give Silva time, consistency will follow.

I’ve only read the last few pages - it’s like being in the pub with your mates and talking for the sake of keeping it going. So, I’ll throw in my nonsense.

In the real world most agrees it’s so far removed from reality this thread is hilarious, but then a voice chirps but with ......it could happe...if....and because.

For a club desperate for satability the circus and ego that surrounds a personality like RM is as absurd as asking Allardyce to come back and finish what he started. He is never coming to manage Everton. He won’t be asked or considered and to be fair he would never see the fallen giant of Everton as any notch on his CV. Bizarre we and him are even discussed in the same breath.

That's the reality, he's all about the quick turnaround. By season three he's always fallen out with everyone including his own shadow.

We just wouldn't have enough money for him to do what he wanted to do, so it's a no go right from the start

Even at Inter he bought 10 players in his last year alone for instance

Even when they actually play to form, our squad is still roughly the 7th best team in the land, at best

Jose Mourinho, good as he is, isn't getting them any higher than that without first having a massive splurge in the transfer market

We need someone who can get the best out of the existing players whilst also developing our younger players, moving on the players we don't want any more and making a couple of shrewd player acquisitions without breaking the bank

Jose Mourinho, good as he is, isn't that guy

Maybe during the Benfica days, but not any more

He's the wrong guy for the job right now

If Usmanov officially buys in and hands him a tonne of blank cheques however...

Status
Not open for further replies.