"most unrealistic and uncommercial approach to a deal I have come across in 30 years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent read. Got me thinking about Leeds funny enough. I can see parallels with what happened at Elland Road which is quite scary. Instead of Ridsdale though, you've got Kenwright. This 7 year old article about the Leeds demise makes interesting reading and you can certainly see some similarities with how they were run to how it appears we are being run.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/mar/07/sport.features1

Excellent read, and those e-mails from prospective buyers (which will no doubt be refuted as not genuine by Bill's friends) are an eye opener on why Everton haven't been sold.

The only minor criticism I'd have is the view put forward in it that we all prompted the board to over-extend the club finincially and build up debt to get a great team on the park. That's not an argument I recognise. I think it's the author's way of throwing a bone to the people he's criticisng, to be honest, because when most were calling for investment to improve the squad we were talking about it being sourced from financial backers not the investment of money from the sale of club assets (in their many forms) and the borrowing against future tv revenue. I dont feel supporters are culpable in loading debt onto the club in any way, shape or form; the board made that decision.

Disgusting stuff ,what an absolute whopper of a chairman ,some of us have been telling you this
for 10 years though to be fair

and now with no pleasure what so ever ,it's a case of we told you so..........Everton should have

been and could have been sold donkeys years ago ,and the value of the club has been dropping for years

Disgusting stuff ,what an absolute whopper of a chairman ,some of us have been telling you this
for 10 years though to be fair

and now with no pleasure what so ever ,it's a case of we told you so..........Everton should have

been and could have been sold donkeys years ago ,and the value of the club has been dropping for years

Smugness doesn't go down too well on here lid, just a pointer. 10 years, really? Lends that crystal ball when you've finished.

lots of evertonians still do though, i don't get it myself - maybe they are still scared by the previous owner or look at H&G at anfield etc.

Yep but that isn't logic. The very same people support Moyes to the hilt because "there's nobody out there who could replace him", yet before he came didn't know who he was.

Fearing what will happen when Kenwright and Moyes leave is akin to Asterix and Obelix being afraid of the sky falling on their heads tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.