Most boring season you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
Wow that was boring.

19 home games and I can only name the Utd win as a game I may remember.

Sick of seeing 1 upfront, negative substitutions (replacing attackers instead of midfielders/defenders).

I can't remember us taking a game to an opposing side and seeing them camped in their half for a sustained period.

Add to that a stale, ageing squad and I am glad it's all over.

Huge summer for EFC.

The first 6 months of the season we had straq and drenthe was easily the most boring side ive seen in my life.

Then donovan came in and spiced it up

Been a pretty poor season to be sure. Can't remember being so ambivalent to football in years. Can't get any worse, surely.

If this season isn't the most boring then it's certainly the most disappointing. Both in terms of individuals and the team.

McCarthy and Barry are finished as a pair. Neither offer anything creatively and now that teams have learnt to shut down our fullbacks we've looked impotent all season.

I don't think we're one or two players away but a complete rethink to how we approach games. Unfortunately while the results where slightly better towards the end against teams we should beat I didn't see a lot that gives me confidence for next year.

Personally and I hope I'm wrong because I have supported him all season but I think Martinez will be gone by Christmas.

Not the worst in terms of results or squad abaility, but it was so drab.

It just wasn't 'Everton' was it? No fight, no ideas, no passion at all.

That all comes from the manager I'm afraid.

Wow that was boring.

19 home games and I can only name the Utd win as a game I may remember.

Sick of seeing 1 upfront, negative substitutions (replacing attackers instead of midfielders/defenders).

I can't remember us taking a game to an opposing side and seeing them camped in their half for a sustained period.

Add to that a stale, ageing squad and I am glad it's all over.

Huge summer for EFC.
Not the best, not good even but definitely not the worst!!

Walter Smith anyone!!!! Mike Walker!!!!! Moyes 2nd full season!!! God bless him HK3!!!

EFC fan site traffic was indicative of our season.

First time since 2007 we saw a comparative decline in match day engagement.

Does this tally though with season ticket sales being > 32000 ?

(more people at the match that might otherwise be on here)

Or Goodison attendances in general ?

Status
Not open for further replies.