Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was my thinking at the start, but i suppose with the increase in fees this season, it technically is acting as that gap, so £24m now is not the same as the £24m united paid at the time

... although it's still £24m all the same.
I reckon that fees jumped about 70%, so the 24m they want, which seems to be purely a book balancing exercise, is, in real terms only 14m...pretty much what we paid for McCarthy.
So It could be said that, adjusted for 'Inflation' 24m is the new 14m. and by any stretch of the imagination He is a significant up-grade on McCarthy.

#Just pay the money ffs

Ajax
Benfica
PSV
Valencia
AZ
3 league titles, the dutch and Spanish equivalent of an FA cup, the Dutch charity shield, a cup in Portugal. Ffs.
8 cups or titles.
Martinez spawned an FA cup and got relegated.
Or if the FA Cup is a indicator of true managerial quality, sack Koeman now and get Redknapp in. Or maybe vialli? How about Di Matteo? Or Gullit. That McLeish won a cup you know? Got premiership promotion and then beat Arsenal- think he's free at the min.

Can't say I'm enthralled with the current Everton team, or its style of play. But I'll back my team till Koeman's had a fair whack at the gig.

Those 3 charity shields really cement his status as one of the worlds greatest managers.

I agree with not paying £24m, why should we give them full value of what they paid for their own reject?

Logic dictates his value should have fallen and anything north of £20m is very reasonable.

The issue if we don't sign him, is not that we refused to meet Utd's asking price, it would potentially be more that we haven't used the time to identify other alternatives.

I didn't agree with Koeman's comments about telling the board the players he wanted and not pursuing any others. That seems like a recipe to repeat last summer to me. A club must always have Plan B, you don't sign just anyone but if we do 1000's of hours of scouting and analysis on players it's pretty short-sighted not to give yourself alternatives.

If he wants to play for us and united want a sale, I don't see any harm in trying to negotiate a good/better deal. Don't forget the player also has to agree to the club he is joining.

I agree with not paying £24m, why should we give them full value of what they paid for their own reject?

Logic dictates his value should have fallen and anything north of £20m is very reasonable.

The issue if we don't sign him, is not that we refused to meet Utd's asking price, it would potentially be more that we haven't used the time to identify other alternatives.

I didn't agree with Koeman's comments about telling the board the players he wanted and not pursuing any others. That seems like a recipe to repeat last summer to me. A club must always have Plan B, you don't sign just anyone but if we do 1000's of hours of scouting and analysis on players it's pretty short-sighted not to give yourself alternatives.
You're forgetting about inflation. Since they bought him prices have gone up.

Value may have fallen if the prices for players hadn't increased... since he signed for 24m as one of the best mids in the league... Ibe has gone for 15m deeney is valued at 25m stones has gone for 47m ... 24 seems fair whenyou consider inflation

Value may have fallen if the prices for players hadn't increased... since he signed for 24m as one of the best mids in the league... Ibe has gone for 15m deeney is valued at 25m stones has gone for 47m ... 24 seems fair whenyou consider inflation
This and the previous post are fair comments. Lets just get it done. But.. this means we also get at least full price back on McCarthy if we sell then....

Imagine!

Hes said he wants (for example), 1 LW (Lookman) 1 CB (VVD?) 1 CM (Schneiderlin) etc etc

If we dont get these players then there is no alternative...its ridiculous.

What happens if Schneiderlin etc are injured and out for months in training...no players in?

Status
Not open for further replies.