2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then the club need to do something about it and tell Silva to stop saying that players will not be leaving.
I'm sure the player wouldn't mind a fresh start somewhere, probably be willing to take a bit of a pay cut to get out of the limbo he's now in.
'A bit of a pay cut' you say ?

He would have to lose about £30-£40k every single week to get anyone even close to paying him what he's on here for the next couple of years !

I'm sure Mrs Sneiderlein will have something to say about that , let alone his agent !

Clearly a player who fell out of love with football. Sarri made an excellent point about it being hard to motivate players these days. With the amount nearly all top level footballers are being paid from their teen years, and how they're bubble wrapped and treated like children, their motivation is destroyed. It's like putting in a cheat code for a computer game - the game immediately becomes utterly pointless.

What we need to remember here is that this is a player who put in 2 full seasons in League 1 and 2 full seasons in the Championship at a very young age. 400 + appearances by the age of 27 or 28, he's probably just approaching burn out. When your dad dies at just over 50 after a longish illness I'd guess it knocks the stuffing out of you even more.

'A bit of a pay cut' you say ?

He would have to lose about £30-£40k every single week to get anyone even close to paying him what he's on here for the next couple of years !

I'm sure Mrs Sneiderlein will have something to say about that , let alone his agent !

At his age he has one more move left in his career to continue playing football near the top level. If he is foregoing that just to collect an extra £30-£40k per week, considering he is likely already a multi-millionaire (his signing on fees alone would amount to around £5million) then he truly is a FRAUD.

What we need to remember here is that this is a player who put in 2 full seasons in League 1 and 2 full seasons in the Championship at a very young age. 400 + appearances by the age of 27 or 28, he's probably just approaching burn out. When your dad dies at just over 50 after a longish illness I'd guess it knocks the stuffing out of you even more.

Interesting, I wasn't aware his dad was so young and it could definitely be a factor. I think it still stands that he doesn't need the money though, and at the very least you'd think he would want to live somewhere with better weather.

Interesting, I wasn't aware his dad was so young and it could definitely be a factor. I think it still stands that he doesn't need the money though, and at the very least you'd think he would want to live somewhere with better weather.

No he probably doesn't need the money, don't see what Camille has to do with it either, they have all the money they'll ever need. Guess he just wants to leave and start over but the club don't seem to be in accord with that, or so Silva keeps saying.

He could probably get a gig in France for 70/80k a week. Monaco would love a proven (which he is tbh) Premier League midfielder like him. I guess having to not actually do anything and pick up an extra 50k a week is worth it to him though. Can't blame him. Not his fault he was offered such a crazy deal by us.

Working a job for many years doesn't produce burnout. Working under a motivation that's deadening produces burnout.

I'm sure his father's death has taken a toll though definitely.

I wonder what happened. We could really use the Schneiderlin that showed up that first half a season, but we havent seen him for a while now.
Lost the physical ability to get around the pitch and the confidence to probe with forward passing, especially when Barkley went out of the team nobody to give the ball to who would take us up the field.

I was talking about the same thing today he was outstanding Schneiderlin he was getting standing ovations wtf happened?

Thats the circle I struggle to square as well. He looked every inch the player we paid United for, and the wages he was on. Then Bang.

Koeman, Allardyce, his old man dying? Or just a bad'un at heart?

Answers on a postcard, cos I havnt a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.