More Cahill Interview.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
This is more of the cahill interview, It started yesterday with 'back to reality'........

efc__1161774195_05-06.jpg

Tim Cahill believes the experience of last season’s incredible UEFA Cup run can help Everton reach ‘the next level’.
The Australian midfielder played a key role as Everton strolled into the last 16 of the competition. However, injury meant he could only look on from the sidelines as his teammates suffered an agonising penalty shootout defeat against Fiorentina.
The Toffees also looked set to take fourth spot in the Premier League only to lose out to city rivals Liverpool in the final weeks of the season.
Cahill says those disappointments will spur the players on to make an even bigger impression in the coming campaign.
“It was an exceptional season,” he told evertontv. “We did it with the same squad of players and just a few additions. People played out of their skins which is what you need to do to finish in positions like that. It just goes to show the way we stick together.

“We’ve got UEFA Cup football again and I think we can build on the experience of last year. Going out to Fiorentina was a bit of a joke, and a team we’d already beaten [Zenit St Petersburg] in the competition went on to win it. It shows a lot. We’ve got a lot of potential to do well again - it’s just the way we go about capitalising on it."
One thing Cahill is wary of however is the pressure of expectation, suggesting this season people will be surprised not if Everton succeed, but if they fail.
“I think this year it [European football] is not just a reward but a part of the furniture. We have to make sure we keep striving to reach the next level and testing ourselves, because we’ve got experience now and we have to try and take the club to the next level.
"Every year it gets harder because people become more critical than the year before. You have got some elite clubs that spend millions and millions of pounds and I think it’s a credit to us that we just stay where we are and don't get ahead of ourselves. We do what we do on a shoe-string budget but we do it well."

He does talk a good game. Hope he gats back to playing aswell as talking next season.

Cant wait till hes back, my favourite Everton player, and our most important too (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.