Molly McCann is a treasure

Chris, I've done live radio broadcasts, you absolutely do need to be able to hear yourself and all the segments leading in and out of yours. If you were a lone broadcaster whose entire show was a 2 hour ad-free talkathon with no guests, you might not need a monitor.

But the fact is, even in lone formats, most talk show hosts much prefer the sound of their compressed, processed voice that the audience hears then speaking into a sterile sound-proofed vacuum. Again, I feel like the reasons for this should be obvious
Well they might be obvious to someone who works in that field. Not to me. There's stuff that's obvious to me that others seemingly wouldn't notice if it went through their heads. We're all different.

From my side I've spent 40 years building speakers trying to remove that false coloured warmth you're saying you're adding to voices with large diaphragm condensers, for realism, yet let the soeakers retain bass performance for music! Sake!

If we're depending on people who get punched to the head for a living to be our advocates, we're pretty doomed.
That's funny!

But also, the more supporters from different walks of life, the better, I say. I am not an MMA fan, but she will reach a new audience who may decide to support Everton, and buy a shirt, thus throwing a few pennies in the till for the Club. The more the better. We need an FFP proof fanbase.

I try to do my part here in America for football fans without a club to support. We have to be missionaries for the Club if we want to survive and thrive IMO. I preach the gospel of St Domingo to anyone who will listen 😂