2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious thing is he needs to learn the game. As someone said earlier, he is nowhere near ready to be a target man like Dom. People give Dom so much crap for being a donkey but that ‘donkey’ work is necessary. This is the problem with bringing in raw young strikers.

...according to a Tosun, Ancelotti has said he wants him to stay at the club.

And according to Iwobi's agent, Carlo really rates him a lot.

I haven't given up on the lad, but I didn't see a player who was hungry to do well here.

Now granted it was a nothing match against a pub team in an empty stadium, so there is that, but meh.

As I say tho, I'm not saying we should get rid, he's probably worth sticking with, but I do have some major concerns and I personally don't see him here in 3 weeks time, but we shall see.

Sorry ya, not having a go - hope that comment didn't come across snarky.

His reaction when he scored his first goal showed me how much it meant to him then, maybe things have changed since. The head on him after he scored the penalty last night looked to me like a kid that was frustrated that he hadn't scored any of his earlier chances but I guess it can be interpreted in any way.

Are you thinking he'll be gone on loan or sold?

And according to Iwobi's agent, Carlo really rates him a lot.

Sorry ya, not having a go - hope that comment didn't come across snarky.

His reaction when he scored his first goal showed me how much it meant to him then, maybe things have changed since. The head on him after he scored the penalty last night looked to me like a kid that was frustrated that he hadn't scored any of his earlier chances but I guess it can be interpreted in any way.

Are you thinking he'll be gone on loan or sold?

I don't know, I think probably a loan, which wont make sense, but if he goes it means we "replaced him" somehow.

I think, based on a few minor factors that he really would love to go back to Juve.

I'm not trying to twist anything, I just don't understand what gave you the impression he was going to have that type of season?

As far as the winning and losing arguments comment goes - that's certainly not why I'm posting here, I couldn't care less about point scoring.
I think you've misunderstood me. Or more accurately you've decided that people are being unfair to Kean and have decided to make what people say fit that idea. I didn't say I expected him to score wondergoals did I? Didn't even hint at it. I was responding directly to you saying that you can't look good playing up front unless you score loads, by saying yes you can, and giving you an example. I'm not saying I expected him to be a carbon copy of Rooney in style, just that I thought he might only get half a dozen goals or so like Rooney did, but show that quality and promise that makes you believe you've got a really good one. Kean was lauded as being one of the best prospects in world football when he came. There were people on here saying he was literally the best young player in European football. I'm saying on that basis I expected him to excite me when he was on the pitch. This revisionist idea that it was always asking a lot for him to come over and be able to control the ball is just bizarre.

I don't know, I think probably a loan, which wont make sense, but if he goes it means we "replaced him" somehow.

I think, based on a few minor factors that he really would love to go back to Juve.

Aye, I'd be worried about a loan myself. Unless he was going somewhere that he'd be guaranteed 90 minutes most weeks I think it would be a bad idea. Better to be a bit part player around the players we have in our squad and our coaching team than elsewhere where you have no control.

If he was going, I'd agree with previous posts saying a sale and replacing him with a more experienced striker - but as you can probably tell I'd really prefer for him to be given another season here before a line is drawn under it.

I think you've misunderstood me. Or more accurately you've decided that people are being unfair to Kean and have decided to make what people say fit that idea. I didn't say I expected him to score wondergoals did I? Didn't even hint at it. I was responding directly to you saying that you can't look good playing up front unless you score loads, by saying yes you can, and giving you an example. I'm not saying I expected him to be a carbon copy of Rooney in style, just that I thought he might only get half a dozen goals or so like Rooney did, but show that quality and promise that makes you believe you've got a really good one. Kean was lauded as being one of the best prospects in world football when he came. There were people on here saying he was literally the best young player in European football. I'm saying on that basis I expected him to excite me when he was on the pitch. This revisionist idea that it was always asking a lot for him to come over and be able to control the ball is just bizarre.

Yup, I misunderstood you.

When you specifically mentioned dribbling passed players, or speeding passed players etc. immediately followed by a comparison to Rooney's first season then yes I thought this was what your expectations were. You hadn't mentioned wondergoals but i mentioned it as it was something that Rooney did that I didn't expect from Kean. Didn't mean to misrepresent what you were saying but that is honestly how I read your initial reply.

For me, the type of striker that Moise Kean is - the excitement he provides will come from scoring goals which he hasn't done for us.

When we signed Kevin Mirallas, the hype on here was something absolutely crazy. It happens with most transfers.
When you have pundits writing articles of surprise about one of the "top european striking prospects" leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world then of course the fan reaction on the forums is going to be off the charts.

There was also a big fan fare around his signing with Marcel and his mother, the racism banners etc. There was probably just far too much coverage of the transfer and this gave everyone the impression that he'd have a much bigger impact than he ended up having.

I'm not going to lie, I expected more from him last season.... but I expected more from every single one of our players last season.
That said, I don't think I'm being revisionist here - I was definitely excited when we signed him, but I was not hailing him as the best young player in European football because truthfully I knew very little about him. (Though when he set a target of 7 goals for the season it went a long way toward curtailing my expectations)

He's probably an absolute monster in terms of potential on Football Manager or FIFA and this is likely why people who had likely never seen him play reckoned we were signing young Pele.

The obvious thing is he needs to learn the game. As someone said earlier, he is nowhere near ready to be a target man like Dom. People give Dom so much crap for being a donkey but that ‘donkey’ work is necessary. This is the problem with bringing in raw young strikers.

i always presumed people called DCL a donkey because he always slips over or looked so unassured when through on goal.

i suppose thats why he's called bambi actually.

if he loves it there, why did he leave in the first place? They wanted to keep him, but he left for first team footy, if he goes back there, he's still just as far away from the first team as he was when he left.

i always presumed people called DCL a donkey because he always slips over or looked so unassured when through on goal.

i suppose thats why he's called bambi actually.
I think donkey referenced his running around and jumping while Bambi referenced him slipping and struggling to stay on his feet at times. Guess that makes him Bonkey

Yup, I misunderstood you.

When you specifically mentioned dribbling passed players, or speeding passed players etc. immediately followed by a comparison to Rooney's first season then yes I thought this was what your expectations were. You hadn't mentioned wondergoals but i mentioned it as it was something that Rooney did that I didn't expect from Kean. Didn't mean to misrepresent what you were saying but that is honestly how I read your initial reply.

For me, the type of striker that Moise Kean is - the excitement he provides will come from scoring goals which he hasn't done for us.

When we signed Kevin Mirallas, the hype on here was something absolutely crazy. It happens with most transfers.
When you have pundits writing articles of surprise about one of the "top european striking prospects" leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world then of course the fan reaction on the forums is going to be off the charts.

There was also a big fan fare around his signing with Marcel and his mother, the racism banners etc. There was probably just far too much coverage of the transfer and this gave everyone the impression that he'd have a much bigger impact than he ended up having.

I'm not going to lie, I expected more from him last season.... but I expected more from every single one of our players last season.
That said, I don't think I'm being revisionist here - I was definitely excited when we signed him, but I was not hailing him as the best young player in European football because truthfully I knew very little about him. (Though when he set a target of 7 goals for the season it went a long way toward curtailing my expectations)

He's probably an absolute monster in terms of potential on Football Manager or FIFA and this is likely why people who had likely never seen him play reckoned we were signing young Pele.
I mentioned dribbling past players because you did! You said it's easy to dribble past league 2 defenders, I was saying it would have been nice if he'd done it then. The point is just that his all round game isn't very good at the moment. I'm simply saying that I expected to see things from him that made it clear why there was so much hype, even if he didn't actually deliver. Somebody nailed it a few pages back, we paid a finished article price (for us) for extremely raw potential. If i'm honest i have no real interest in how good he'll be at 25 because either way I very much doubt he'll be here at that point. Whether he takes off or not I doubt he'll be here more than 3/4 seasons so seeing him still putting in very very raw performances more than 12 months after signing is extremely disappointing. I just don't think he's even considered as a feasible option to play up front in the league at the moment, and that is absolutely not what we were expecting when we bought him, hype or no hype.

Shock horror a 19 year old has a bad game. Sigmund fraud gets 4 seasons worth of chances yet a 19 year old with 3 starts 3 goals needs to light it up every minute or people want him sold.
You're so right mate. I mean, has there even been a negative post about Sigurdsson in the last 4 years? I certainly don't think i've seen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.