2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a target man. He is being destroyed by Silva trying to turn him into one. The previous season was a disaster in terms of improving what he is good at but instead ask to do something he is totally not used to. It drains confidence and every aspect of his game drop a level.

Looking at him now, it’s clear he is confuse what he needs to do at times, follow his instinct which made him special at Juventus or simply give up all he had learn and start from scratch as a target man. He needs help. Thank god ancelotti is here. Thank god we have midfield that loves forward passes. Give him time.
Can agree with all this but how much time do we give him

Can agree with all this but how much time do we give him

As soon as we use him in a different way and as soon as he regains confidence mate.

Awful touch is all about lacking confidence.

I remember his debut we were all raving at his enthusiasm and the ability to control the ball with intricate touches and trying to be positive on the pitch. It’s a shame a season of unrest brought him to the level he is now.

At least this season, at the absolute least.
I'd go with that although if someone offered us the money we paid id go for that and use the money for an experienced striker. He has had a chance but doesn't really show much. Player as a winger got subbed at half time. His control has always been an issue. His game is all about pace. Mayb with the classy 3 they will use him to his strengths. But he is miles away from.being the finished product atm

I don't really think that's true. In fact, I think the exact opposite is true, which is why those people desperately shouting '3 goals in 3 starts' are getting laughed at. It's the fact that he isn't dribbling past league 2 players, or bouncing off them, or speeding past them, or anything really, that has people worried. I've said before, I expected last season to be like Rooney's first season, not like Lukaku's. I thought he might not get many goals but he'd just be hugely exciting and get us off our seat every time he got the ball, leaving you in no doubt he was a star in the making. The reality was very different.

That's fair enough mate, I think those expectations are part of the problem.

We signed a young striker with not a word of English for less than we paid for the likes of Iwobi and Bolasie - and the expectation was that he would have a similar season to the first season of our best academy product of the generation?

Nothing I saw of Kean (which was very little tbf) prior to him joining us suggested to me we were buying a player that was going to dribble through defenses or score 30 yard screamers.

“We have to be patient with him.
He has to work and improve. He has to work in technical areas and improve of course. He has to be better in finishing, he has to be better in controlling the ball and I think we have to be patient.
When a player is young you need to be patient so that day by day he can show his quality, he can show his knowledge and he can improve his experience.
He is really good [in training] he suffered from the fact that in front there was a lot of competition. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin for a long period did really well.”
- Carlo (July 2020)

Honestly, that's enough for me.

He has to work and improve. He has to work in technical areas and improve of course. He has to be better in finishing, he has to be better in controlling the ball and I think we have to be patient.
When a player is young you need to be patient so that day by day he can show his quality, he can show his knowledge and he can improve his experience.
He is really good [in training] he suffered from the fact that in front there was a lot of competition. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin for a long period did really well.”
- Carlo (July 2020)

So he just needs to work on his technique, his passing, his shooting, his running with the ball, his finishing, his control, his strength, his hold up play and his work rate.

He needs to relax, it's like he is trying too hard.
It will come IMO
I thought this until he starts walking round the pitch and I’m screaming like a banshee about his work rate.

I have faught it for long enough but I’m sorry to say lads we might have a dud on our hands.

That's fair enough mate, I think those expectations are part of the problem.

We signed a young striker with not a word of English for less than we paid for the likes of Iwobi and Bolasie - and the expectation was that he would have a similar season to the first season of our best academy product of the generation?

Nothing I saw of Kean (which was very little tbf) prior to him joining us suggested to me we were buying a player that was going to dribble through defenses or score 30 yard screamers.
See it's this that doesn't help. How I about I flip that round and say I expected a full international with experience of the CL latter stages and who was about our 5th or 6th most expensive signing ever to have a similar impact to a 16 year old kid fresh out of school? We can all twist things to suit our argument mate, but it's usually a decent sign that you've lost it.

So he just needs to work on his technique, his passing, his shooting, his running with the ball, his finishing, his control, his strength, his hold up play and his work rate.

Arguably, that's the case for every young player in football.

Point is Carlo is asking for patience with a young striker - and patience is something that football fans tend to struggle with these days.

Arguably, that's the case for every young player in football.

Point is Carlo is asking for patience with a young striker - and patience is something that football fans tend to struggle with these days.

I haven't given up on the lad, but I didn't see a player who was hungry to do well here.

Now granted it was a nothing match against a pub team in an empty stadium, so there is that, but meh.

As I say tho, I'm not saying we should get rid, he's probably worth sticking with, but I do have some major concerns and I personally don't see him here in 3 weeks time, but we shall see.

- Carlo (July 2020)

...according to a Tosun, Ancelotti has said he wants him to stay at the club.

See it's this that doesn't help. How I about I flip that round and say I expected a full international with experience of the CL latter stages and who was about our 5th or 6th most expensive signing ever to have a similar impact to a 16 year old kid fresh out of school? We can all twist things to suit our argument mate, but it's usually a decent sign that you've lost it.

I'm not trying to twist anything, I just don't understand what gave you the impression he was going to have that type of season?

As far as the winning and losing arguments comment goes - that's certainly not why I'm posting here, I couldn't care less about point scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.