2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
One moment probably summed up where he is atm.

he stood on the spot and didn’t move when we won the pen. He was taking it. That’s what you want from a striker.

His actual penalty was an abomination though. And shows his immaturity. He needs to focus on the basics because, for all the flair he might think he has, he can’t function at a basic level in this league yet. He’s fair coat no knickers. He needs to work on his basics if he wants to be a top top player.

I like him, just feel he needs a bit of confidence to get to the level he can be. Hopefully he can make an impact as a sub and can really express himself.

Personally don't think he is what we need and probably won't suit the system. My fear is we sell him and he comes good somewhere else. If we play 4-3-3 and something happens to DCL I would rather move Richarlison to Striker and put Bernard or Gordon on the wing.
There are definitely some games I can see DCL being rested for and a Gordon - Richarlison - Rodriguez front line would be very effective

Well if there's a feeling in your water that there's a player in there, then I can't/won't argue. The point I would make is that I haven't actually seen anything good from him. The first time he received a gentle pass last night, his attempt at control sent it 8 feet vertically into the air. A long series of miscontrols followed, mixed up with misdirected flicks that gave the ball away. Even one of his woodwork hits would have been a hundred times easier to nod into the goal. Contrast this with Gordon or Nkounkou, where after 5 minutes you're thinking, "Aye, aye - that's potentially a proper good player".

Not saying Kean can't yet come good, but seen little or no evidence to suggest it. Nothing personal against the bloke, but that's just what I think.

Maybe it is just a feeling in my waters, or maybe I'm guilty of wishful thinking, but I honestly do see a player there.

He was 100% guilty of a lot of loose first touches last night, couldn't make anything stick - particularly in the first half.
Not going to lie, I was not happy when he stood up to take the peno - not because I thought he would miss, but because I thought if he did that it would've been disastrous for his confidence (and their keeper had had a good match)

But my opinion on Moise isn't based of his performance last night. However, I do think my previous point about fine margins stands though, considering the woodwork hits last night, he was essentially a handful of inches away from conceivably having a hat trick - this whole conversation this morning would have taken on a completely different tone if that was the case.

I'd feel a lot more negative about him if he wasn't getting into those scoring positions - really think that the goals are coming especially with the amount of chances that we look like we'll create this season.

Also, I completely agree with you RE Nkounkou and Gordon - their performances last night (and Gordon post lockdown in general) are the types of performances that get you excited. The problem with playing up front is that your performances are never really exciting without adding goals, which is much more difficult than dribbling passed a league 2 full back.

We've a fantastic group of young players (which i think Moise is a part of) at the club with bags and bags of potential along with some quality senior players for them to learn from. If he shows nothing this season then I'll have to re-evaluate, but for now I'll be right behind this lad and hoping he gets as many opportunities as possible to kick it into gear.

UTFT

Not a target man. He is being destroyed by Silva trying to turn him into one. The previous season was a disaster in terms of improving what he is good at but instead ask to do something he is totally not used to. It drains confidence and every aspect of his game drop a level.

Looking at him now, it’s clear he is confuse what he needs to do at times, follow his instinct which made him special at Juventus or simply give up all he had learn and start from scratch as a target man. He needs help. Thank god ancelotti is here. Thank god we have midfield that loves forward passes. Give him time.

He is definitely not a target man. But then when I have seen in on the wing he is definitely not a winger. I think we need a more experienced front man myself. Nothing against Kean just don't think he is good enough at this moment in time

Maybe it is just a feeling in my waters, or maybe I'm guilty of wishful thinking, but I honestly do see a player there.

He was 100% guilty of a lot of loose first touches last night, couldn't make anything stick - particularly in the first half.
Not going to lie, I was not happy when he stood up to take the peno - not because I thought he would miss, but because I thought if he did that it would've been disastrous for his confidence (and their keeper had had a good match)

But my opinion on Moise isn't based of his performance last night. However, I do think my previous point about fine margins stands though, considering the woodwork hits last night, he was essentially a handful of inches away from conceivably having a hat trick - this whole conversation this morning would have taken on a completely different tone if that was the case.

I'd feel a lot more negative about him if he wasn't getting into those scoring positions - really think that the goals are coming especially with the amount of chances that we look like we'll create this season.

Also, I completely agree with you RE Nkounkou and Gordon - their performances last night (and Gordon post lockdown in general) are the types of performances that get you excited. The problem with playing up front is that your performances are never really exciting without adding goals, which is much more difficult than dribbling passed a league 2 full back.

We've a fantastic group of young players (which i think Moise is a part of) at the club with bags and bags of potential along with some quality senior players for them to learn from. If he shows nothing this season then I'll have to re-evaluate, but for now I'll be right behind this lad and hoping he gets as many opportunities as possible to kick it into gear.

UTFT
I don't really think that's true. In fact, I think the exact opposite is true, which is why those people desperately shouting '3 goals in 3 starts' are getting laughed at. It's the fact that he isn't dribbling past league 2 players, or bouncing off them, or speeding past them, or anything really, that has people worried. I've said before, I expected last season to be like Rooney's first season, not like Lukaku's. I thought he might not get many goals but he'd just be hugely exciting and get us off our seat every time he got the ball, leaving you in no doubt he was a star in the making. The reality was very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.