2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the stats suggest he scores a goal every 418 minutes, so you can also dress it up, but it's not as though he's a major goal threat which you might expect of a £30m striker.

He's still young, and I hope he'll continue to develop - he has plenty of time. My main concern isn't the stats, it's the fact that he just doesn't look like he's ready to play at this level yet whenever he comes off the bench.
I'm begging you to go watch the extended highlights of his starts. Please. And then come back and tell me if you still don't see it.

For a player to score there has to a good bit of playing time right now that time is taken up by DCL and Richie. In addition chances have to be created and there is the biggest failing for all our front men - a crap pile of midfielders.

Needs time hes only a young lad in a different country/league. Forwards hard to come by hes defo got time to come good for us ,imagine if he got pushed on and started smashing goals in everywhere, at least another season or two see what he has got.

To be honest it is just the Newcastle and Bournemouth(first half) that we have seen this lads capabilities,very strong,hard to knock off the ball,made good runs off the ball,coincidentally he scored in both these games so maybe he is one of those who needs an arm around him,seen nothing really in all the other games he took part in,but given his age(and cost)he looks to have something in his locker we can work on.

One thing I do remember was in one game him and DCL seemed to be on different wave lengths. Wonder if it was because they were both trying to fill in the same gaps, whereas Richy is more suited to playing a support role.

Either way, I hope they work on their partnership together, I would love to see a Kean/DCL partnership with Richy carrying the ball down the left.

I dont think that's applied to Kean.

I understand that he will be given another chance by Ancelotti. But we really cant be remaining loyal to players - whomever they are, whatever the fee was, and whatever their age - who dont deliver...especially strikers who cant find the net.

does the same apply to managers that sign gash players and can’t set up a defence?

To be honest it is just the Newcastle and Bournemouth(first half) that we have seen this lads capabilities,very strong,hard to knock off the ball,made good runs off the ball,coincidentally he scored in both these games so maybe he is one of those who needs an arm around him,seen nothing really in all the other games he took part in,but given his age(and cost)he looks to have something in his locker we can work on.
I also thought his hold up play was much better than DCL‘s

The system doesn't help him. He spends almost all of the season sitting on the bench doing nothing. He should be playing 90 minutes in the
U23s with occasional time as a sub in the seniors. How can he develop his skills and build match fitness there?

Status
Not open for further replies.