2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
A striker who doesn't strike.

I'd say that was a massive problem, especially when you pay £30M for them.

The lad isn't going to make it in this league. He may be the bright new prospect elsewhere, but here he'll be a footnote...and barely that.

He's a young lad coming to a foreign country and to a largely crap Everton team with next to no creativity. But you know all this already so I won't push the sensible argument any further.

He's only made 4 league starts as of yet.

His adjustment may be painfully slow, but his situation isn't like Niasse who was playing games straight away, fully fit and being absolutely horrific. Kean started here nowhere near fit and has clearly had trouble adjusting to the English game, which is understandable given the league he came from, language skills and his age.

The reality is that this entire season was always going to be about getting him settled. That has cost us enormously as it's meant we've had to play DCL up front all season and means questions should be asked of Marcel Brands i.e. just what did he think Kean was going to deliver this season/what we were going to look like up front if he wasn't quite ready.

I still don't think he's 100% fit yet and it's difficult to judge him as what we've seen of him so far is a nervous, unsure Kean, lacking in confidence. We're yet to see a confident, bullish Kean, who'd probably be twice the player we're watching currently. Getting there is up to him, mind. But he clearly needs more game time than he's had so far.

I still think he will come good, up until Dunc came in the team was playing awful football, no one was covering themselves in glory, Kean in the main then was out of the team, he’s only really now started to get a decent amount of game time. WHU was always going to be a harder game than usual, Moyes would have been well up for it and got his team the same, also they are trying to impress a new manager. Kean could do with more game time at goodison.

The deep rooted negativity and obsession with slating our young players holds us back.

I'd say continuing to play them when they clearly aren't ready for the responsibility is what holds us back. For example, would Tom Davies be playing regular first team football for any of the top 6 teams in the country? I don't think so.

I still think he will come good, up until Dunc came in the team was playing awful football, no one was covering themselves in glory, Kean in the main then was out of the team, he’s only really now started to get a decent amount of game time. WHU was always going to be a harder game than usual, Moyes would have been well up for it and got his team the same, also they are trying to impress a new manager. Kean could do with more game time at goodison.
He should be playing for the under 23’s

Would people be saying he will come good if he was a £30m singing for Liverpool who hadn't scored a goal in his first 6 months? I have my doubts. We're all desperate for him to do well but saying he definitely will based on what we've seen is just out of hope rather than expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.