2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the system/bad manager comments as to why when he gets the ball he gives it away as many times as when he finds a blue shirt.
Good players don’t give the ball away so much. I’ll give this lad the benefit of the doubt so far. I understand he’s young and in a new country and he’s definitely trying too hard. However, he’d be in the team by now if he’d have put in 7/10s when he’s come on or started. Let’s not butter it up with blaming other people as to why’s hes been poor when DCL gets roasted
Utterly absurd take on the glimpses we've seen of Kean so far. Yeah you're right, the teenager who was banging in goals for Juve and the Italy national team was a fluke

I feel as though I've said variations on this a dozen times already but he's been used completely wrong so far, and they certainly don't deploy tactics to involve him. For the 20 minutes he's lucky to get each game in a desperation sub.

You could slot the best strikers in the world as our 9 and they would not score. But yeah, disregard the tactics/manager comments as they don't fit your opinion. You're free to do so but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Lost a lot of cash on this lid to score first the first bunch of games of the season.

Utterly absurd take on the glimpses we've seen of Kean so far. Yeah you're right, the teenager who was banging in goals for Juve and the Italy national team was a fluke

I feel as though I've said variations on this a dozen times already but he's been used completely wrong so far, and they certainly don't deploy tactics to involve him. For the 20 minutes he's lucky to get each game in a desperation sub.

You could slot the best strikers in the world as our 9 and they would not score. But yeah, disregard the tactics/manager comments as they don't fit your opinion. You're free to do so but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

But you only joined on Tuesday:oops:

But you only joined on Tuesday:oops:
giphy.gif

Banging in goals?! He scored 10 in 32 for Juventus. Mostly in games against crap teams and that were already won. No different to Iheanacho when he was at City - he's awful too.

Banging in goals?! He scored 10 in 32 for Juventus. Mostly in games against crap teams and that were already won. No different to Iheanacho when he was at City - he's awful too.

Kean isn't awful. He's a very good prospect.

But he isn't a lone striker. He may become that, but he isn't right now.

He's also not a striker who thrives off lumped crosses into the box. I have no idea why - if we were so obsessed with sticking to this system/style of play - we didn't go and buy a forward who does thrive off that.

Kean is a quick, tricky player. He wants to run in behind and get into the area. He needs space and passes into him, not punted crosses. He also needs support.

He had never played as a lone striker before he came here. With Juve he played in a 3, Italy in a 3 - usually wide left or right for both. At Verona, he played in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3.

Basically, we've signed one of Europe's best propsects and are currently playing him in a role that doesn't suit in a system which doesn't play to his strengths. Throw in that with the fact he's in a lew league, much more physical and intense than what he's used to. Throw in another fact that we don't create many clear chances. Throw in another fact that he's 19 and we are hoping he's going to hit the ground running and be our main goalscorer.

Love the system/bad manager comments as to why when he gets the ball he gives it away as many times as when he finds a blue shirt.
Good players don’t give the ball away so much. I’ll give this lad the benefit of the doubt so far. I understand he’s young and in a new country and he’s definitely trying too hard. However, he’d be in the team by now if he’d have put in 7/10s when he’s come on or started. Let’s not butter it up with blaming other people as to why’s hes been poor when DCL gets roasted

Why 7/10s? Lewin gets in the team every week with 3/10 performances.

Kean shows more than Lewin in the short time he does get on.

DCL has had the chances and has proved he's not got it against the premier league standard teams.

We've got absolutely nothing to lose by playing Kean more as we are losing every week and not scoring either. It's hardly like putting him on will result in us scoring less than 0

Neither player should have even been booked never mind being sent off.

I think Kean is about where he should be as a nineteen year old.
He can be a great player in the future but that is by no means certain.
He certainly isn't there yet but some of his cameo appearances show the potential that is there.
When he settles at the club and we play with some more energy and tempo then we may see that he is a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.