2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys can we please stop suggesting different formations and systems with different personnel please?

Don’t you know ‘on paper’ these different styles and formations would be nothing but total annihilation and self destruction?

We need to stick to 4-2-3-1 and like for like subs. Trying alternative approaches and everything else is way too risky unfortunately. On paper of course.

We all want him to do well. I was genuinely excited when we were linked with him and even more so when we signed him.

Obviously the lad needs time to adjust to his new surroundings, new country, new pace and different physicality of football. That’s not the issue.

The issue is, we have a manager who’s persistence use of a dated system which no longer works for us is crippling any chance of this lad being successful. As I said earlier if we wanted a striker to run the channels and hold up the ball and who’s only source of service is crosses into the box we should have went signed a Kenwyne Jones type striker.

...a striker of his physicality should love running the channels, going to war with CBs. A lone striker loves that challenge because you’re always in the game, pitting your technical ability against defenders and bringing teammates into the game. Crosses lead to goals, top strikers time runs to get in front of markers.

I really want Kean to be a success, but ultimately it’s up to him.

Guys can we please stop suggesting different formations and systems with different personnel please?

Don’t you know ‘on paper’ these different styles and formations would be nothing but total annihilation and self destruction?

We need to stick to 4-2-3-1 and like for like subs. Trying alternative approaches and everything else is way too risky unfortunately. On paper of course.

I’m not sure, are you having a laugh?

...a striker of his physicality should love running the channels, going to war with CBs. A lone striker loves that challenge because you’re always in the game, pitting your technical ability against defenders and bringing teammates into the game. Crosses lead to goals, top strikers time runs to get in front of markers.

I really want Kean to be a success, but ultimately it’s up to him.

For me and my opinion only. Kean and this type of player, (young promising, higher fee lower wage) is the direction we are moving towards, according to Brands. I’m not claiming to have an inside track or have been witness to anything however Brands was upfront about this.

I don’t think this was the answer to our here and now striker problem but rather moving in the direction to build.

Silly I know but somehow DCL was the plan for this season.

Whose call was this? I don’t think we will ever know.

Kean fit the bill of what brands says we be looking for under his watch.

Kean has not had a real run of games and when he has come on it’s not been ideal situations at all.

Frustration and questions about this club are everywhere at the moment but trying to slate this kid is simply absurd.

Again just my opinion. The kid is part of the rebuild.

Kean has not had a real run of games and when he has come on it’s not been ideal situations at all.

Begs the question, why?

Why, when we're desperate for some energy and pace up top, are we not starting the kid?

Can't be doing with the people expecting him to be peak lukaku..
The lad himself said he'd be happy with a minimum of seven league goals this year,
He was bought for the future, he'll adapt and get better

Begs the question, why?

Why, when we're desperate for some energy and pace up top, are we not starting the kid?
I’m with you and my only guess would be speculation.

I mentioned maybe in here or another thread just a moment ago.

I think Kean is exactly the type of player we would be going for from now on.

Young, promising, higher fee and lower wage. Exactly what Brands described.

I’m not sure who made the call but DCL is our slated #9 and Kean is where we are headed (type of player model)

19, new league, for me it seems like quite a lot of pressure to assume this kid was coming in to start within 8 weeks and carry us.

Do we need a spark yea. no question at all.

I can’t believe we have not seen any changes with our approach to our current problems. It’s infuriating.

I’d take any changes at this moment. Unfair to the kid to put that pressure on him but I put this all on Marcos plate.

Begs the question, why?

Because the manager is a coward, stubborn and has no original thoughts in his head. Under another manager who is competent, I'm sure he would be playing ahead of bambi and in a different formation to play to his strengths and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.