2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen I honestly think he would be better out wide rather than our central striker, needs time to settle though so people do need to get off his back.
That’s rubbish imo. DCL constantly drifts wide and drops deep, which causes us a huge problem. For me Kean definitely stays more central and looks to put pressure on the CB’s.

Wasn’t the stat something like, before the Bournemouth game. Kean 10 touches the the penalty area in 1 and a bit games. DCL 4 touches in 3 games.

He’s got a valid point though hasn’t he? We’ve splashed out on a striker that hasn’t, in terms of return, delivered any more than any other striker we have (and less than Calvert Lewin). There’s still a hole lacking for either a striker that can play to Silvas system (which is more likely the problem for our strikers) or one that can actually slot goals home on a regular basis.
And how many did you expect a 19 year old coming from a different country to one of the most fast paced leagues in the world to slot after 5 games?

We've just been sold to by the odd Italian journo and thought he was some superstar we'd nabbed from the clutches of European top clubs. When in fact, he's a 30 million signing from the continent we know nothing about. We've took a punt. He'd played 13 games last season and no-one else really wanted him, including Juve.
I'm sure he will improve but we didnt need another player that "needs to improve". We need players for now. Tosun is better than Kean right now.
Juventus desperately wanted him to sign a new deal or put a realise clause in the Everton deal. You sound like Souness

Last edited:
And how many did you expect a 19 year old coming from a different country to one of the most fast paced leagues in the world to slot after 5 games?
Seeing as he was sold to the fans as the most exciting signing ever and heralded by the club as Lukaku mk2 - 2 a game.

The problem isn't Kean. The problem is that we still have no strikers able to score. We keep being told to wait for this mythical team to come together, but as was shown with Gueye going in the summer - we aren't going to ever have this perfect XI on the pitch all at the right time.

We already have a 'project' striker in Calvert Lewin. This is just another Sigurddson/Klassen/Rooney mess. Again.

He was bought in to be the number 1 striker, not a prospect
He needs to start scoring, simple as.
I think it was a bit of both. If we wanted a striker to come in and hit the ground running, we may have gone for haller at nearly 20mil more or gambled on Diego Costa( unlikely he would have come I know)

But other than that who was out there. We wasn’t going to attract top quality IE Werner. So it was basically take a gamble. And obviously brands things Kean was the best prospect out there.

Would you want us to have paid 40 for Joelinton or 30 for Wesley. It’s a very difficult market trying to get a top striker in.

Seeing as he was sold to the fans as the most exciting signing ever and heralded by the club as Lukaku mk2 - 2 a game.

The problem isn't Kean. The problem is that we still have no strikers able to score. We keep being told to wait for this mythical team to come together, but as was shown with Gueye going in the summer - we aren't going to ever have this perfect XI on the pitch all at the right time.

We already have a 'project' striker in Calvert Lewin. This is just another Sigurddson/Klassen/Rooney mess. Again.
this a wind up???
It doesn't matter what striker we have we don't create ANY chances for them, Kean was fed on scraps all in the Wolves game, The way we play doesn't benefit our strikers at all.

This lad, and DCL would really have benefited from having a crafty campaigner at the club to take some of the pressure off him and learn the trade. Diego Costa would have been a superb signing, regardless of the obvious baggage.

You have answered your own and that WUM question there mate.

this a wind up???
It doesn't matter what striker we have we don't create ANY chances for them, Kean was fed on scraps all in the Wolves game, The way we play doesn't benefit our strikers at all.
As I said, if you believe the hype coming in, this lad would have taken Andy Cole's record.

As it stands, damp squib with 'hit post against league one side' as the defining moment in his Everton career.

Both of those examples are extremes, but as you say the problems are elsewhere.

You have answered your own and that WUM question there mate.
We got told he was wonderful and that he was going to lead us into a new golden generation without fixing the issues elsewhere. People jumped on that bandwagon and have turned him into the golden calf, being massively over rated by some sections. Was not the right time to bring him into this team.

We got told he was wonderful and that he was going to lead us into a new golden generation without fixing the issues elsewhere. People jumped on that bandwagon and have turned him into the golden calf, being massively over rated by some sections. Was not the right time to bring him into this team.

But you answered your own question, it is not his fault. It could all change in one game,it's early days but, when it does change,all the usual doom mongers will disappear until they have a new target to moan about.

As I said, if you believe the hype coming in, this lad would have taken Andy Cole's record.

As it stands, damp squib with 'hit post against league one side' as the defining moment in his Everton career.

The hype was noy anything like that. Yes he was considered good but NO ONE thought he was getting 20 goals this season. Be realistic mate.

I think that's your own fault for getting swamped up in the expectation hype rather than doing your homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.