Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what your saying and im the same, kinda, football isnt played on data, its played on grass, by humans, so whilst all the data in the world will tell you 1 thing, the human element will at some point, quite often in fact, tell you something very different.

So whilst I agree, you cant ignore that a LOT of football clubs seems to be investing vast sums of money on such things. They of course dont compute the human aspect, but they are helpful.

Sports science and data such as this has come so very far and the investment is worthwhile for most clubs, cos if some nerd in an office can improve something by 2%, well you will surely agree, that 2% is worth every penny in the 93rd minute.

I do think theres is a massive switch towards only taking data to judge players tho, as you said earlier, the only thing that matters, REALLY matters is did X player put that ball in the back of the net.

I'm not doing data down, it has it's place, but I think the excessive overuse and over reliance isn't so much about performance enhancement but finance appeasement.
Mathematics, the language of life, the universe and everything, isn't itself yet a sport, but it's getting closer and we'll be swapping Alan Ball for Johnny Ball ;)

I'm not doing data down, it has it's place, but I think the excessive overuse and over reliance isn't so much about performance enhancement but finance appeasement.
Mathematics, the language of life, the universe and everything, isn't itself yet a sport, but it's getting closer and we'll be swapping Alan Ball for Johnny Ball ;)

This is stats and data in general for everything. Facts and figures may prove a run down town is actually "okay". People aren't "poor".

Actually living there is a completely story.

Anyone know if he’s had any minutes pre season?

Guessing he will have a settling in process or be rushed into the first 11 when everyone crucifies DCL for not scoring in the palace game.

Anyone know if he’s had any minutes pre season?

Guessing he will have a settling in process or be rushed into the first 11 when everyone crucifies DCL for not scoring in the palace game.

...I think he’s been away with the Italian U21s for the summer tournament, I recall a story that he was dropped for a game because he missed a team meeting. He might well have reported back to Juventus late but i’m not sure.

...I think he’s been away with the Italian U21s for the summer tournament, I recall a story that he was dropped for a game because he missed a team meeting. He might well have reported back to Juventus late but i’m not sure.

Yeh he was in the u21 side so that would be the same time away as DCL. Hopefully he’s had some minutes for Juve reserves or whatever the equivalent they have.

I am obviously made up with us (hopefully) landing Kean.

What I can’t understand is why Juventus are selling him. Surely not for the money since 30 mil is only a middling amount for a perennial CL club. If there was a buy-back clause I would get it, but now it I struggle to see the upside on their part. Surely a very talented prospect, who could be Italy’s no 1 striker in years to come would be worth making a place in the squad for?

That's Everton right there ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.