Moan Moan Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Today, February 17th, I turn 40. Yes 40! I still think I am 20 and when I play 5s I also still feel that maybe, just maybe, a scout is watching and I might just get a 1 year contract. The reason I mention my age is that now I can officially be a Grumpy Old Man. I have noticed that over the last few years I have become more and more cynical about all things in life. Music isn't what it used to be (Can't beat The Beatles or The Smiths), fashion will never be as good as semi flares and a trackie top, and being in Europe and the top half of the league just doesn't seem as exciting as it used to be.
My cynicism with The Blues lies mainly with one man, David Moyes. OK, he can source players for a good price and get the best out of them and no one can deny that being where we are now doesn't compare to previous managers/teams. Look at Joe Royles team. Amo, Limpar and Kanchelskis were talented but apart from that we didn't have much and yet the football was so much better to watch. Look at the quality of players we have today and then compare the style and excitement produced. We have, probably, the best crop of players since 85 and yet they don't gel together properly. With Peinaar, Arteta, Fellaini, Saha, Donovan etc we should be seeing far more expansive exciting football but we don't. Far too often we see players static as they receive the ball. How can we have Donovan with his pace and yet we don't see him run past players with the ball throughout the whole game. How many times have we seen players only put into their natural positions when Moyes is forced to ie. Arteta CM, Heitinga CH, Jags CH, Fellaini DM, Peinaar CM. He should be playing Coleman now but he doesn't. Tonights game was crying out for him bombing down the right. All of these gripes I have with him are down to one thing...he is far too conservative to make a positive move. I understand he is the expert and I am just a lowly fan but how many of you are frustrated by these same things. It is the same in the transfer market. He is known as Dithering Davey, we could have had Essien for £3.5m if he had had more bottle!!!
I know, I know, I am just bleating about on about things when he is obviously bringing more success to us than we have had recently but for Gods sake it should be a little bit more interesting than what we are being served up...now where are my pipe and slippers?

Sorry pal you won't get my backing on this post! i think football is so different now, i agree i'm only just turned 29 and i am already turning into a grumpy old man but Moyes has taken us so far on a shoe string budget. when you look at football even when joe royal won us the fa cup, it wasn't the same animal that it is now. i don't think its as exciting as it was either. but to actually get a team to the next level and win something is so much harder cos the game is much more elitist. Squads are much bigger and that means that clubs who can afford to will manopolise the market by buying good players and sitting them on the bench for most of the season. The way you feel i would blame alex ferguson and wayne rooney. I believe a little bit of every evertonian died when he put that transfer request in. he was our roy of the rovers and i still believed that there was loyalty and integrity in football. But them 2 don't have an ounce between them. Moyes is not a boring coach he just does what he has to to get results in the modern game. look at the football we used to play. long ball left to rights by dave unsworth and then pick up the pieces, do you wish you were still watching that? In my eyes he is the best young british manager in the country. I would thank your self lucky we aint watching a allerdyce or megson team. We are lucky to have Davey Moyes!!!!!

Last edited:
Lad, a win is a win, and we've won tonight. We'll do them 2nd leg. Cnt back ya am afraid. I love Moyesy and his team and him. We're goin to Germany, i'm convinced.

We can find fault for sure, but today, we took a step closer to the cup.
Let's moan if we get knocked out, because I think we're still up for this trophy.

We've had so many injuries lately, it isn't easy to get the team gelling yet.

Give it some time.

Rubbish, what about Chelsea, even a nothing club like Birmingham found £40m worth of investment, Arsenal are not short and neither are our peers Spurs and Villa. To say only City has it is a joke.

See january's transfer window for further evidence. Listen mate i am no Kenwright fan by any stretch of the imagination. I think there is more he could do and more the Everton board could do, they got the whole Kirkby thing wrong and they have been shown to fail on many things, but i thank God every day we are not in a Portsmouth or a Notts County or a RS position.

Ok Randy Learner has backed Villa, but are they any better than us even with investment? Same with Spurs? City aren't exactly setting the world alight. All i'm saying to you is, focus on the blues rather than the boardroom, you grow bored of it all otherwise

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.