Match Thread Middlesbrough Vs Everton - Capital One Cup - Quarter Final - Tuesday 1st December - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my brain doesn't want to be happy.

I had a dream last night after last nights game, and we lost 3-1 at home to Stoke with a last minute penalty being conceded by Pienaar of all people. Dream Everton that.

Managed to catch the first half this morning, I had no idea that there was 27 passes before Lukakus goal, that's incredible.

........great stuff, very difficult game overcome with a degree of comfort. Lot's of positives, not least because Cleverley was given a full 90 mins. 2nd half was a concern because we played with no intent, we need to realise how good we are as an attacking force and be more clinical. We do have some very good footballers.
Was getting frustrated with second half last night as it felt like we could have put five or six past them. But on reflection Boro are a more effective side than we made them look especially from setpieces and we didn't give them anything.
I did put a quid on six nil after the second though.

Was getting frustrated with second half last night as it felt like we could have put five or six past them. But on reflection Boro are a more effective side than we made them look especially from setpieces and we didn't give them anything.
I did put a quid on six nil after the second though.

Agreed, the second half was frustrating, too many misplaced passes in the final third. Thankfully we didn't concede, as we would have wobbled like jelly !!

I see a couple of the fans wanting the rs in the next round. The 'bring it on' brashness of youth that we've all known. As you may have noticed, we err, older members would prefer City. I'd rather play Barcelona tbh. We'd all love nothing more than to smash them in a semi (or final). However experience tells us that doesn't happen. It dioesn't matter if we've got a better team than them, if we outplay them on the day or whatever. Eithe rwe'll shoot ourselves in the foot or the ref will save them. You don't want that kind of pain.
When you've got a semi, the rs are brewers' droop. They're the equivalent of your bird's parents coming home early while you're applying a full bottle of Johnson's baby oil to her teatowel holder.

Let's just hope Southampton beat them tonight and then we won't have to worry. (They won't by the way, it'll be 0-0 after 120 mins and they'll win on Pens)

City would beat us over two legs, they're simply a better side than us and I'd expect that to tell over two games

I'd rather not play Liverpool in the final - if we HAVE to play them, I'd rather it was in the semi than the final. Would hurt less.

I'd like to draw Stoke, but if we don't then Liverpool would be my second choice. City we could maybe beat in a one-off game, but not over two IMO

City would beat us over two legs, they're simply a better side than us and I'd expect that to tell over two games

I'd rather not play Liverpool in the final - if we HAVE to play them, I'd rather it was in the semi than the final. Would hurt less.

I'd like to draw Stoke, but if we don't then Liverpool would be my second choice. City we could maybe beat in a one-off game, but not over two IMO
This. Plus, historically, when they've beaten us in semi finals they've gone on to lose the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.