Michael Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
every transfer window same old story ....... all we would get its a big doctors bill for him anyways saha has covered that base for us already cheers anyways owen

The best part of this story is the bottom paragraph....ha! Yeah Arteta's been banging them in for us!

Everton are rumoured to be considering a move to bring Manchester United striker Michael Owen.to Goodison Park. David Moyes had been in the running to sign the former England international when he made his switch from Newcastle United to Old Trafford and now with the 31 year old’s contract coming to an end in the summer the Toffees boss is making some behind the scenes manoeuvres to see if the Chester born striker would be willing to sign.

Michael Owen.is finally on the road to full fitness and was on the bench at The Hawthorns on Saturday but was overlooked as Sir Alex Ferguson opted to throw on Mexican youngster Javier Hernandez, who went on to repay the Man United boss’s decision making process by scoring the winner barely a quarter of an hour after coming on.

Everton would ideally like to take Owen on loan in January with a view to then offering him a deal in the summer. The Goodison Park manager will hope that the former Liverpool striker would be amenable to a deal that would entail taking a significant pay cut but would in turn offer a better chance of regular first team football.

The good relationship between the two Scots may well help David Moyes secure just such a deal and the chance to play for the club he supported as a boy may well be the kind of incentive Michael Owen needs in order to agree a deal to join a club who are desperately in need of an incisive front man who can help give the Merseyside club the kind of firepower they need to push them back towards the top six.

Everton have scored just 21 goals in 20 Premier League games this season and of that total only three were netted by recognised strikers leaving the likes of Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta having to shoulder far too much of the goalscoring burden.

Last edited:
The best part of this story is the bottom paragraph....ha! Yeah Arteta's been banging them in for us!

Everton are rumoured to be considering a move to bring Manchester United striker Michael Owen.to Goodison Park. David Moyes had been in the running to sign the former England international when he made his switch from Newcastle United to Old Trafford and now with the 31 year old’s contract coming to an end in the summer the Toffees boss is making some behind the scenes manoeuvres to see if the Chester born striker would be willing to sign.

Michael Owen.is finally on the road to full fitness and was on the bench at The Hawthorns on Saturday but was overlooked as Sir Alex Ferguson opted to throw on Mexican youngster Javier Hernandez, who went on to repay the Man United boss’s decision making process by scoring the winner barely a quarter of an hour after coming on.

Everton would ideally like to take Owen on loan in January with a view to then offering him a deal in the summer. The Goodison Park manager will hope that the former Liverpool striker would be amenable to a deal that would entail taking a significant pay cut but would in turn offer a better chance of regular first team football.

The good relationship between the two Scots may well help David Moyes secure just such a deal and the chance to play for the club he supported as a boy may well be the kind of incentive Michael Owen needs in order to agree a deal to join a club who are desperately in need of an incisive front man who can help give the Merseyside club the kind of firepower they need to push them back towards the top six.

Everton have scored just 21 goals in 20 Premier League games this season and of that total only three were netted by recognised strikers leaving the likes of Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta having to shoulder far too much of the goalscoring burden.

To be fair mate they've actually written this !! They normally just copy what me or LCAB write !! Ha ha

To be fair mate they've actually written this !! They normally just copy what me or LCAB write !! Ha ha

Ha, very true! I'm still waiting to see LCAB or THT mentioned on the BBC gossip page as a Sauce

Just couldn't believe they decided to add about the lack of our goals, and out of everyone picked Mikel =)

Are you Sauce ?! Ha ha

I was actually thinking a while ago, what if Lcab, you , Sauce etc were a creation (one of many) of Chicos mind to liven up the board. He's done more elaborate things in the past from what i've heard. Then I got to thinking what if i'm a creation of Chicos imagination and I only exist when I post on GOT. There's some good green going round my way these days on a totally unrelated subject.

Signing Owen would be a disaster, are we that really desperate? If this deal comes off we must be the laughing stock of the Premiership, who's next Steve Claridge and Darrius Vassell?

Signing Owen would be a disaster, are we that really desperate? If this deal comes off we must be the laughing stock of the Premiership, who's next Steve Claridge and Darrius Vassell?

Robbie Fowler's still breathing..

Think about it.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.