2023/24 Michael Keane

Screenshot_20231022_221227_WhatsApp.jpg

Blind loyalty to him? He is barely seeing any playing time. He will get a bit of game time because we have left ourselves with very few centre back options.
Think back to last season when dyche couldn’t wait to drop coady and get him back in. It was only the last few games when it became obvious we were going down if he stayed in the team was he eventually dropped for Mina. He also started 3 out of the first 4 games of this season and brought him in yesterday when he didn’t really need to. No other manager would have him near the team.

….no he won’t. He didn’t play in the crucial run-in last season when Branthwaite wasn’t available. Branthwaite had an operation and was immediately in the team following it.

Now that Mina and Coady have left, Keane is the back-up CB. If Tarkowski or Branthwaite are missing, Keane will play.

The suggestion that Dyche is desperately wanting to get him back in the team is ludicrous.

Branthwaite is on 3 yellows. Don't think the amnesty is until the 20th game so New year so he'll get a 1 match ban soon enough. Even Keane just starting say Palace away is a bad thing as that's a winnable game but putting him in from the start and it already feels like he'll give away a needless penalty to go 1-0 down.

Really Dyche had no option after Leicester away but to drop him, he was that bad in the first half v Vardy. More annoying he gave up on Coady after 3-4 games in which two were 1-0s over Arsenal and Leeds and the defence immediately started conceding many more goals.

Think back to last season when dyche couldn’t wait to drop coady and get him back in. It was only the last few games when it became obvious we were going down if he stayed in the team was he eventually dropped for Mina. He also started 3 out of the first 4 games of this season and brought him in yesterday when he didn’t really need to. No other manager would have him near the team.
Nah thats nonsense.

When he first arrived Keane did not go straight back into the team, people were shouting for Coady to be dropped anyway as well.

Mina wasn't staying at the club so I kind of understood why he was not in the team at first until it was obvious he had to be.

This season he has played a couple of games because Branthwaite was not ready to play. Beyond that the only other option was Godfrey who is just as bad.

As for no other manager playing him Keane has been a disaster since he signed for us yet has amassed close to 200 appearances for us under a variety of different managers so I think its fair to say that plenty of managers would have him near the team because they have done so.

He's crap and it annoys me that he always seems to get a chance but lets not pretend its just Dyche who would play him, if anything he has been the manager who has dropped him the most.

Nah thats nonsense.

When he first arrived Keane did not go straight back into the team, people were shouting for Coady to be dropped anyway as well.

Mina wasn't staying at the club so I kind of understood why he was not in the team at first until it was obvious he had to be.

This season he has played a couple of games because Branthwaite was not ready to play. Beyond that the only other option was Godfrey who is just as bad.

As for no other manager playing him Keane has been a disaster since he signed for us yet has amassed close to 200 appearances for us under a variety of different managers so I think its fair to say that plenty of managers would have him near the team because they have done so.

He's crap and it annoys me that he always seems to get a chance but lets not pretend its just Dyche who would play him, if anything he has been the manager who has dropped him the most.

Dyche dropped him the most? Lampard practically banished him from the squad. The only manger we’ve had that’s seen him for what he is.

This whole “Branthwaite wasn’t ready” nonsense needs to go as well. He played in the same tournament Garner had, but a lot less minutes, so he certainly was ready. Dyche used Keane until it was impossible not to take him out.

He just rates him and no one knows why.

Is this guy just unlucky or is he inviting bad luck upon himself? This is the conundrum. Could he have had his arm in a position where it would be less likely to make contact with the ball? What would another player have done? Is it something he can improve upon?

I haven’t even seen the penalty incident but let me guess, he had his arms out like an extra from the Thriller video as per.

1st a ball hit his arm -- but it was by his side. Went to var and no pen.

2nd he had his arm sticking out like he was trying to thumb a lift.

Really couldnt make it up...almost like he learned what he could do and not give away a pen then did the most he could to have his arm in a position where the ball could reach it.

Is this guy just unlucky or is he inviting bad luck upon himself? This is the conundrum. Could he have had his arm in a position where it would be less likely to make contact with the ball? What would another player have done? Is it something he can improve upon?
Definitely not bad luck to have your arm horizontal when a player is crossing the ball… just unexplainable lack of awareness

It can only be one of three things with him;
He’s one of the worst players we’ve ever had, or;
He’s one of the unluckiest players to ever play the game for anybody at any level, or;
He needs investigating for illegal betting.
you're right to consider the last one but the look on his face after every time he messes up, he is genuinely distraught to the pointmpart of me feels bad for him.

I had a lad seconded to my team and technically, he was terrific, very bright boy, but as soon as he was put under pressure in meetings or presentations he fell apart.

Some people have the ability but not the mental strength

you're right to consider the last one but the look on his face after every time he messes up, he is genuinely distraught to the pointmpart of me feels bad for him.

I had a lad seconded to my team and technically, he was terrific, very bright boy, but as soon as he was put under pressure in meetings or presentations he fell apart.

Some people have the ability but not the mental strength
Intend to agree with you there mate. He has had a couple of decent runs/games and has done ok when we have our tails up, but he does crumble under pressure. The brain fart aside on Saturday he didn’t do that badly but that mistake potential cost us a point.

Dyche dropped him the most? Lampard practically banished him from the squad. The only manger we’ve had that’s seen him for what he is.

This whole “Branthwaite wasn’t ready” nonsense needs to go as well. He played in the same tournament Garner had, but a lot less minutes, so he certainly was ready. Dyche used Keane until it was impossible not to take him out.

He just rates him and no one knows why.
If he rated him he would be starting him.

He started the first two games and has not been starting since. He dropped him at the end of last season and he didnt chuck him in straight away when he arrived at the club.

Maybe he is good in training, I don't know.

As I said I think Keane is crap but the Dyche loves him narrative is mentioned by people with an agenda against him. At has to be as there is obviously no truth in it. There are plenty of other things to pull him up over. Fact is we are stuck with him as our third choice centre back and sometimes that will mean he has to come into the team. It's not like we are decided to go 3/5 at the back in the derby to give "Keano" a game or whatever. We have nobody else other than the even worse Godfrey.

If he rated him he would be starting him.

He started the first two games and has not been starting since. He dropped him at the end of last season and he didnt chuck him in straight away when he arrived at the club.

Maybe he is good in training, I don't know.

As I said I think Keane is crap but the Dyche loves him narrative is mentioned by people with an agenda against him. At has to be as there is obviously no truth in it. There are plenty of other things to pull him up over. Fact is we are stuck with him as our third choice centre back and sometimes that will mean he has to come into the team. It's not like we are decided to go 3/5 at the back in the derby to give "Keano" a game or whatever. We have nobody else other than the even worse Godfrey.

Or we just... don't got 3/5 at the back on Saturday? Was no reason for it.