2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had worse centre backs - Alcaraz and Ashley Williams in the last decade - but I can't think of any defender who's been such an expensive flop as Keane.

The season before we bought him, Lukaku made him look an utter donkey when we played Burnley. I was hoping, when we signed Keane, that he'd just had a bad day, but sadly it was his normal game.

We've had worse centre backs - Alcaraz and Ashley Williams in the last decade - but I can't think of any defender who's been such an expensive flop as Keane.

The season before we bought him, Lukaku made him look an utter donkey when we played Burnley. I was hoping, when we signed Keane, that he'd just had a bad day, but sadly it was his normal game.
I'd have Ashley Williams over him in a heartbeat.

Alcaraz I'd have to think about.

He's been a disastrous signing - one of many. He is not a leader. Mentally, he isn't up to it. I don't want to pile on, but he and Gomes are utterly fragile upstairs and don't have it at this level. Mina is the only defender with the character and ability to make anything of the leader's role back there - but he's not interested in playing club football. Kenny and Holgate are over-promoted and Coleman is over-the-hill. The younger players (Mykolenko, Patterson, Branthwaite, and Godfrey) are punts at this point. None seem ready. That whole area of the pitch needs to be ripped up come summer, whether we are in the top flight or not.
Complete new back line next season. The worsed back line for the last 35 years.

I'm delighted he is out. I cannot stand one more min of this utter joke playing for us. Burnley would bully him all over the pitch and he would have that lost look on his face.

I normally agree. But Burnley play long balls, he is only good at heading it away; part of the reasons we paid £25m for a dire defender.

He can attack
Long balls. We’re woeful.

Keane is a dog. Nearing the end of his useful life. And needs to be put down.

I don't mean dead, mods, I just mean effed off out of our club, before he does terminal damage to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.