2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true as far as Mina being the main man, but Keane suits him better then any other combination we have, the only realistic back two we have is Mina and Keane
I'm unsure, I think at the minute Keane and mina are the best two, but that's purely because Godfrey is a terrible cb and holgate hasn't had a good for years. So by default I guess it would be Keane and Mina

I'm unsure, I think at the minute Keane and mina are the best two, but that's purely because Godfrey is a terrible cb and holgate hasn't had a good for years. So by default I guess it would be Keane and Mina
Yeah it is, easily, its one reason why the new contract for Mina is vital

…I think Godfrey is the much better option, especially in the longer-term. I think who would I least like to play against & there is only one winner there. Godfrey also possesses the things Keane (and Mina) lack in respect of pace, powers of recovery and mobility.

Keane lacks aggression and competitiveness, he’s easily bullied. Godfrey is raw, lacks composure and aerial technique but I’d much prefer to persevere as he’s progressive whereas what you see with Keane is what you get.

Mina and Godfrey all day for me.

This is true as far as Mina being the main man, but Keane suits him better then any other combination we have, the only realistic back two we have is Mina and Keane

lol no.

…I think Godfrey is the much better option, especially in the longer-term. I think who would I least like to play against & there is only one winner there. Godfrey also possesses the things Keane (and Mina) lack in respect of pace, powers of recovery and mobility.

Keane lacks aggression and competitiveness, he’s easily bullied. Godfrey is raw, lacks composure and aerial technique but I’d much prefer to persevere as he’s progressive whereas what you see with Keane is what you get.

Yes!

Not often I disagree with you eggs, but right now I think mina and keane is our best bet. Godfrey has taken a step backwards this season. He either needs to recapture and build on last seasons form, or long term we're best with mina and a.n. other (to be purchased).

Not often I disagree with you eggs, but right now I think mina and keane is our best bet. Godfrey has taken a step backwards this season. He either needs to recapture and build on last seasons form, or long term we're best with mina and a.n. other (to be purchased).

….I absolutely understand that view & I’d be very surprised if Benitez doesn’t go that way. Keane/Mina is the safe option I accept. I do think, however, the progressive way is to include Godfrey. His form has been ordinary but I’d back him to be what we ultimately need, especially alongside Mina.

….I absolutely understand that view & I’d be very surprised if Benitez doesn’t go that way. Keane/Mina is the safe option I accept. I do think, however, the progressive way is to include Godfrey. His form has been ordinary but I’d back him to be what we ultimately need, especially alongside Mina.
I wish I could say his form has been ordinary. That would be a big step up right now. Keane is far from perfect but playing next to Godfrey has reflected badly on him

I wish I could say his form has been ordinary. That would be a big step up right now. Keane is far from perfect but playing next to Godfrey has reflected badly on him

…and I don’t think playing alongside Keane has helped Godfrey. Clearly a partnership that doesn’t work, although Godfrey got Keane out of trouble a few times sweeping behind him against Watford.

I understand Keane will be seen as a safe option at the moment, though.

…and I don’t think playing alongside Keane has helped Godfrey. Clearly a partnership that doesn’t work, although Godfrey got Keane out of trouble a few times sweeping behind him against Watford.

He & Godfrey a no no, 4 goals conceded in 22 minutes - schoolboy defending TBH ...

You saved me posting that reply Eggs, spot on in my opinion.

…to be fair to you, I thought you deserved a response - tonight was as bad as I’ve seen from Godfrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.