2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re now comparing Michael Keane to Morgan Schneiderlin and Ashley Williams. I mean, where do you even start with that. Schneiderlin? Schneiderlin?? Get a grip lads.
Schneiderlin might be the most I’ve hated an Everton player whilst they’ve played for Everton. I think I hated him even more because he actually looked really good the first half season he came. Then he played like a cowardly crab the entire rest of his time with us.
At least Williams and Delph were both consistently crap the whole time.

I bet he’s one of the first names on Benitez’s team sheet.
Rightly. I know he's made a couple of mistakes but he's a quite good defender when he avoids that. Which largely he does unless you're Zat and you think he's made a mistake for only beating an attacker to the ball by two steps instead of four.

Rightly. I know he's made a couple of mistakes but he's a quite good defender when he avoids that. Which largely he does unless you're Zat and you think he's made a mistake for only beating an attacker to the ball by two steps instead of four.

In a 2 in the middle he’s solid mate and he reads the game really well but for some reason when we go with a 3 his reading of the game can be a bit all over the gaff.

Schneiderlin might be the most I’ve hated an Everton player whilst they’ve played for Everton. I think I hated him even more because he actually looked really good the first half season he came. Then he played like a cowardly crab the entire rest of his time with us.
At least Williams and Delph were both consistently crap the whole time.
Totally, haven’t disliked a player as much in 35 years supporting. My all time number 1 and that’s up against stiff competition. Mentioning Keane in the same breath, to me, shows irrational dislike, they’re not on the same planet the pair of them. Like you say, Schneids looked good, could have been so much more but was the most cowardly spineless player I’ve ever seen.

It’s mad how some players can make constant mistakes. And yet still be considered the first CB on the team sheet . He’s cost us more than the other 3 in the last 12 months. He’s solid but weak mental and that won’t change.

CB is an area that could see big changes in the next 12/18 months. Keane’s not good enough for me

It’s mad how some players can make constant mistakes. And yet still be considered the first CB on the team sheet . He’s cost us more than the other 4 in the last 12 months. He’s solid but weak mentality and that won’t change.

CB is an area that could see big changes in the next 12/18 months. Keane’s not good enough for me
He's not done. His errors are more visible because of what he's bad at. But someone like Godfrey who can't track players is causing just as many problems but you aren't going to readily see them. Mina would be at the same level but he doesn't play as much. I like Yerry too but he can't properly clear a ball. He finds players at the top of the box every other game. They've all got problems. Keane for me is the one who is steadiest.

It's because we don't play it. His strength is his positioning. Change that and it messes it all up.
It’s a horrible formation to play as a centre back, i hated it when had to play it. Never know who you’re marking, especially if other team play one up front. I don’t think it’s an easy formation to switch to either, if you’re playing it every week you get used to it but not ad hoc when you’ve been more used to playing in a back two.

Rafael was talking in his press conference today about changing our attacking style this season having watched games from last season and being more direct. He’s surely seen the games we played last season with a back 3 and the mess we got into - wonder why he would think it worth persisting with. Hope we don’t try it again but for some reason managers seem to like it.

He's not done. His errors are more visible because of what he's bad at. But someone like Godfrey who can't track players is causing just as many problems but you aren't going to readily see them. Mina would be at the same level but he doesn't play as much. I like Yerry too but he can't properly clear a ball. He finds players at the top of the box every other game. They've all got problems. Keane for me is the one who is steadiest.
Mina is stronger, better on ball, better in the Air.

Godfrey has had 2 Season at this level. While Keane’s had 7/8 Amd in his first season at Everton. He’s played RB, LB. left CB in a 4 Right CB in a 4. Left side in a 3 right side on a 3 and in the centre of a 3. And still made less mistakes than Keane. Godfrey is the future

Godfrey has had 2 Season at this level. While Keane’s had 7/8 Amd in his first season at Everton. He’s played RB, LB. left CB in a 4 Right CB in a 4. Left side in a 3 right side on a 3 and in the centre of a 3. And still made less mistakes than Keane. Godfrey is the future
The number of seasons he's played isn't relevant to who is better now. Godfrey makes tons of mistakes but it's not seeing things so he's so far away from the play that you have to really go and look at it to find that he's not doing well.

Mina can be all of those things, Keane is more consistent at positioning and getting to the ball to actually clear it and that matters for me.

The number of seasons he's played isn't relevant to who is better now. Godfrey makes tons of mistakes but it's not seeing things so he's so far away from the play that you have to really go and look at it to find that he's not doing well.

Mina can be all of those things, Keane is more consistent at positioning and getting to the ball to actually clear it and that matters for me.
We know he’s good in a low block and can win headers and clear the ball. But he lost wood on Monday who should have scored, I suppose that was Godfrey’s fault

Makes tons of mistakes stop embarrassing yourself. If he was he wouldn’t have been a regular last season and wouldn’t have got in the England squad that Keane didn’t. and nearly made the euros. Obviously the England coaches are missing these tons of mistakes like me

We know he’s good in a low block and can win headers and clear the ball. But he lost wood on Monday who should have scored, I suppose that was Godfrey’s fault

Makes tons of mistakes stop embarrassing yourself. If he was he wouldn’t have been a regular last season and wouldn’t have got in the England squad that Keane didn’t. and nearly made the euros. Obviously the England coaches are missing these tons of mistakes like me
People do miss them though. My favorite example is the derby win. People went crazy over him but the biggest chance we conceded he was massively out of position for. But no one seemed to really care (it got saved tbf) and I genuinely think it was because he was so far out of the way that you've got to really look hard at it to see what he's done.

There are others, he basically lost a player to concede a shot in every game he started at CB, but that's the one that sticks. He also lost Mane twice that day.

As for Keane on Monday I'm willing to give him, and the other CBs, a pass for playing poorly in a system they don't know how to play. I'm more interested in our work as a back four.

Really don’t think there’s much in it between Keane and Mina at all. Don’t know where people have got that he’s head and shoulders out best centre backs.

Neither are elite level centre backs but both on their day capable of being good, even very good, prem league centre backs. They could both fairly be described as lacking pace and mobility. You’re splitting hairs saying Mina is better in the air and on the ball, I don’t see that. Both look fairly similar in those departments to me, if anything Keane’s long passing is probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.