2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was definitely the sort of game he thrives in tonight.

Unfortunately, having 20% possession and camping in your own area isn't what you want to be doing most weeks, but credit where it's due.

Agree with this

You need different types of players in your squad and for games where the strategy is to defend deep he is ideal

Usually plays well in games like this where it’s backs up against the wall and sit deep to defend. Is usually always caught out a few yards further up the pitch.
As that’s normally the Burnley way. Not a ball playing defender at all. Said it countless times. We got duped into paying 30 million for a player that suits Burnley style football, saying that, he was brilliant tonight. But will have a brain fart in 2/3 weeks and cost us goal.

It was definitely the sort of game he thrives in tonight.

Unfortunately, having 20% possession and camping in your own area isn't what you want to be doing most weeks, but credit where it's due.

Definitely. We would want him in this sort of games - no pressure to win and defending deep. He tends to get caught out if we play with higher line, it has to do with his lack of speed and reaction. And I think he has a lot of confidence issues as well.

I'm glad that he performed well and captained the side. Hopefully he continues to perform well for us.
But I still want us to get a better CB and have Keane as an option.

As that’s normally the Burnley way. Not a ball playing defender at all. Said it countless times. We got duped into paying 30 million for a player that suits Burnley style football, saying that, he was brilliant tonight. But will have a brain fart in 2/3 weeks and cost us goal.
He's completely fine on the ball. He's not a defender who can sort things out when the rest of the side is a disaster. He was even fine for us on Silva's mostly pressing side during the season when that side wasn't a disaster. Give him competence and he'll give you competence too.

Brighton have a 6”5 defender with no one with in 3/4 yards of him in the 6 yard box .Take a bit of ownership and do your job if an under 12 kids team done this questions would be asked . Keane I am sick to death of watching this spineless gobshite he couldn’t organise a 10 p raffle. Him and holgate the up there with the worst center backs in the division

Brighton have a 6”5 defender with no one with in 3/4 yards of him in the 6 yard box .Take a bit of ownership and do your job if an under 12 kids team done this questions would be asked . Keane I am sick to death of watching this spineless gobshite he couldn’t organise a 10 p raffle. Him and holgate the up there with the worst center backs in the division

He not an Everton player whatsoever. He causes panic and always invite pressure back with his hoofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.