2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keane looks like hes just got out of bed (as per every game) while Godfrey would have won that last season and taken ball and man.

Has to be said (again) that somethings happened with the defence under Benitez...

I dont believe he watched us last season (or before) as if he did then how was Keane not up for sale in the summer?

Loan to Burnley in Jan and hope Dyche can get a tune out of him, nobody’s gonna pay a fee for him as things stand. Tarkowski has a year left on his deal this summer maybe we can part exchange.

I would not like to be the senior centre back playing in a back four with Godfrey and Holgate and with that midfield in front of me.

It’s all very well saying he’s the senior centre back and needs to be leading but there are so many gaps, so many holes that there’s only so many that can be plugged.

I literally wouldn’t know where to start and if you’d swapped Mina for him last night there would have been no difference. You’ve got Godfrey and Holgate wandering all over the place, unable to win a header, the non existent midfield giving space to drive a double decker bus drive right through the middle of the pitch and we’re expecting one senior centre back to just shore up that shambles.

Unrealistic doesn’t begin to cover it.

I would not like to be the senior centre back playing in a back four with Godfrey and Holgate and with that midfield in front of me.

It’s all very well saying he’s the senior centre back and needs to be leading but there are so many gaps, so many holes that there’s only so many that can be plugged.

I literally wouldn’t know where to start and if you’d swapped Mina for him last night there would have been no difference. You’ve got Godfrey and Holgate wandering all over the place, unable to win a header, the non existent midfield giving space to drive a double decker bus drive right through the middle of the pitch and we’re expecting one senior centre back to just shore up that shambles.

The common denominator is Michael Keane.

Youre saying everyone else is responsible but over this season look at how many chances hes given away himself...look how many passes hes made to oblivion.

We shouldnt have extended his contract...he should have been sold when we were playing ultra deep and he looked good under that system.

These types of players who need confidence and who shirk responsibility are the first who need to leave.

Keane has been here for 4 and a half years, played in every combination of centre backs we’ve had in that time, and has always looked the worst out of all of them. He’s just a bad player.

The common denominator is Michael Keane.

Youre saying everyone else is responsible but over this season look at how many chances hes given away himself...look how many passes hes made to oblivion.

We shouldnt have extended his contract...he should have been sold when we were playing ultra deep and he looked good under that system.

These types of players who need confidence and who shirk responsibility are the first who need to leave.
I’m not saying everyone else is responsible.

I’m saying, unlike a lot of posters, that Keane isn’t responsible to the extent that is being made out on here.

Same when John Stones was coming through - did the flashy stuff but the defensive basics weren’t there. A lot of goals we conceded were blamed on Jagielka when I thought stones’ had been at fault for situations. Seems the experienced players get it all.

Thought the same with holgate and last season about Godfrey. They don’t have the basics down and people turn a blind eye. That’s tough to play next to as a centre back, you turn around and your partner isn’t where they should be, gaps appear where they shouldn’t. You can get away with it if your midfield is solid and protects the back four, when it’s as open as ours is it’s a recipe for disaster…whoever you put in there.

Keane has been here for 4 and a half years, played in every combination of centre backs we’ve had in that time, and has always looked the worst out of all of them. He’s just a bad player.
I’m not particularly arguing he’s a great player or that he shouldn’t be replaced. In time, he should be. Just saying don’t expect to remove him from this team as it is and someone else will just sway in and shore it all up. Not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.