2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the game for Keane to cement his place in the team. With Mina injured he is the player with responsibility for marshaling the back 4. If we can keep a good shape and frustrate the RS I think we can pinch it late on possibly with a set piece goal. Any questions over his mental strength would be answered for me if he puts in a top quality performance. We are hoping into our biggest game of the season off the back of 2 defeats.

Yes, opportunity for him here to put down a marker. With Mina out, personally I would play Godfrey next to him and then Digne and Coleman at full back.
Holgate is on a dismal run of form and doesn’t appear to realise this given his peacock strutting of late. He is also a red card risk in this fixture as prone to red mist moments.
Assuming Dom is back and the two CB’s are afforded the protection of Allan and Duke, there may be scope for Keane to offer a release outlet from the expected press they will apply for the first 20-30 mins. Those exquisite passes and runs out will be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.