2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played really well. God alone knows what has happened but he is transformed. Must be down to Carlo as others have said.

One of our very best, make no mistake. His performances this season and the last few months of the last, basically since the Ancelottis, and I use that plural intentionally, have been nothing short of magnificent.

Centre halves don't generally get recognition for their work but alongside James and obviously DCL, who get the plaudits at the more glamorous end, this lad has been our outstanding performer.

Not sure if he’s just playing there to accommodate Mina or whether it is a more intended switch but he has been playing as LCB this season - I always thought he was RCB and another next to him?

He's really turned it around has Big Mick. Hardly recognisable from the meek and error-prone early days now, he's really flourished into one of the more reliable centre halves in the league. His passing is massively underrated IMO. Has a good eye for breaking the lines, as you can see by his pass for our second today.

Come good oh this seems a reoccurring thing Calvert Calvert lewin, holgate to a point, its gotta be guidance isn't that funny we have one of the best managers in the world,

Given the way both he and Barcelona have started this season, maybe those links weren't so unrealistic after all! He's started the season in scintillating form, what a delightful and, I have to admit, unforseen, turnaround.

If only the same could be achieved with Pickford, but he seems to be going the other way.

I think Ancelotti has done wonders for his confidence. Pre-Carlo he was always hot and cold, was clearly a well-schooled defender but tended to let his head drop easily and get stuck in long ruts. Now though he seems an entirely new man. He doesn't dwell on things anymore and seems far more at ease in big pressure situations. Also noticed that he's become a lot more vocal too. A shout for next captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.