2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great game today, he’s just got improve his temperament, a couple of times this season if he’s made a mistake he’s gone to pieces. Wolves and Leicester at home spring to mind. I’m surprised at the criticism of Mina, he’s been in consistent but had great games against Chelsea and Liverpool so he’s got it in the locker. I think we’ve got a nice problem with Zouma as all 3 can do the job given the time.

Gradually over the course of this season my scepticism and downright hostility to this player has been challenged by some of the excellent performances he has posted.
Yesterday was one of those performances, he genuinely looked a quality CB yesterday alongside the equally excellent Zouma.
I still have reservations and, like the rest of the team, he needs to find greater consistency, but he is looking very good at present.

I laughed at this lad last year, I'm made up with him this year, had a really decent season, apart from those dodgy set pieces, the defence has looked good.

Embarrasing comment, he has been on form all season, should SIlva still be sacked then? afterall it was only a toothless United we beat
We are a lot more aggressive all over the pitch at pressing high and winning the ball back before Keane has a chance to be exposed.

I’m not for a second going to believe Keane is suddenly not slow or positionally inept because I have eyes.

I won’t choose to overlook a players obvious flaws and limitations because we chalk up a few wins and clean sheets, I’m not so fickle.

We are a lot more aggressive all over the pitch at pressing high and winning the ball back before Keane has a chance to be exposed.

I’m not for a second going to believe Keane is suddenly not slow or positionally inept because I have eyes.

I won’t choose to overlook a players obvious flaws and limitations because we chalk up a few wins and clean sheets, I’m not so fickle.
Wow, sounds like you would rather we lose or he makes mistakes so you dont have to be fickle.

So Silva gets no credit from you as well for the recent form?

Status
Not open for further replies.