2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, ok i get the English thing might put that price up a bit, but if we can get that for him, there is a reason why an ambitious club would want him.
We have 3 center backs, Mina is questionable over his fitness and Zouma we might not be able to buy anyway, to sell Keane we would be mad. Season after season we sell our best players, then wonder why we have to start again and again.
He's 26, its not like he is 29 like Gana, and is only 18 months into a 5 year deal, 50m would be pathetic

Holgate is better on the ball and is a much better athlete. He only lacks growing into his body.

Not making a massive profit on Keane would be dumb. He will always be slowish.

£50 mil would be a very good offer to take for Keane.

I like him and have always hoped he would come good for us. But doubling our money after a very poor season and then a slightly above average season is too hard to turn down.

Some of his passing was superb on Saturday. I’d keep him here next season.

His ability on the ball has never been in question for me. I think he is the perfect centre back in terms of his passing etc. Good enough to not hoof it but knows when to get rid.

I'm just not a massive fan of his overall defending.

Holgate is better on the ball and is a much better athlete. He only lacks growing into his body.

Keane's considerably better on the ball than Holgate from what I've seen. Holgate's one of those players who looks like he should be good on the ball, while Keane looks a bit ungainly, but the reality is the other way round.

50M for Keane, from Spurs, from Levy the Spurs chairman? A man who would haggle all day over 1p, definitely nonsense. If by some miracle it is true put Keane in a locked room and don’t let him out until he has agreed to go.

I like Holgate, but if he’d have been paired with Mina or Zouma this season, we’d have leaked goals for fun (more so than we have done).
Keane is currently a much better defender imho.

hang on who's offering 50 mill?

if we even got our money back I would carry him on my back to his new club

he's had a decent season, and been quite good recently however, his lack of pace will let him down everytime, he nearly got done by that arnautovic on the weekend but he slipped

I would guess that he is one of the players that is simply not for sale.

He is turning into a real defender and it seems maybe a leader as well.
Of course he will have difficult moments in a game , he will be up against the very best players that money can buy and will be tested every week and sometimes he will concede goals or make mistakes... all players do this.
The best players make a lot less mistakes than others and that is the test for Michael Keane... certainly he has improved as the season goes by.

This won't be true. Spurs aren't soft with their money so they're not going to buy an average English centre back for big money when they know they can get better value for less.

Keane has improved a lot this season but he's still got a ways to go. If we got a bid of £50m it would be a no-brainer for me but we won't.

Keane's considerably better on the ball than Holgate from what I've seen. Holgate's one of those players who looks like he should be good on the ball, while Keane looks a bit ungainly, but the reality is the other way round.

Yeah Keane is well better on the ball than Holgate.

Keane has messed up a few times this season with the ball at his feet but his passing and general distribution is actually really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.