2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrudden

Player Valuation: £40m
Michael Keane - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: @mkrudden

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Michael Keane's 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a choice of maguire or keane

Similar ages and price

One went forward the other backward. Let’s hope Keane toughens up and proves his worth this year. Always had my reservations after United let him go though

I'm gonna hope that with less upheaval this season, Keane will be more settled and we're going to see a quality defender. Can't be easy on a new player when he has a different central defensive partner seemingly every other weekend.

Convinced he has to be better then we seen last season, refuse to judge him on what we seen under Koeman and Fat Sam, same goes for all of them really

I'm gonna hope that with less upheaval this season, Keane will be more settled and we're going to see a quality defender. Can't be easy on a new player when he has a different central defensive partner seemingly every other weekend.
Convinced he has to be better then we seen last season, refuse to judge him on what we seen under Koeman and Fat Sam, same goes for all of them really

Being honest I agree with these sentiments with all of the players we signed last season.

I think they should all be given a clean slate. I hope we give them all at least 15 minutes before rushing to judgement.

We tried playing Football Manager by signing 11 different players throughout the season. Football Manager doesn't work with actual humans on a pitch.

Being honest I agree with these sentiments with all of the players we signed last season.

I think they should all be given a clean slate. I hope we give them all at least 15 minutes before rushing to judgement.

We tried playing Football Manager by signing 11 different players throughout the season. Football Manager doesn't work with actual humans on a pitch.

Quite right, Cheese.

He just never has the look of somebody who has confidence in himself. It must transmit to those playing alongside him.
New season, new start though.

I’m not sure he can actually get better personally, because some of his failings were just so painfully obvious last season. What we can, and must, do though, is mask those failings by bringing in another centre half who can do the things he can’t, and just let him get on with being a big lumbering unit. It’s possible that with the right partner he could be effective even if not actually good.

Only got his plaudits because of Dyche's system at Burnley.

The fact they seamlessly replaced him with a bench player already at the club (Tarkowski) proves as much. It's even more damning to Keane's case that Burnley got better in his absence.

He's just complete garbage. Zero mobility, zero physical presence and, perhaps most worrying, Jagielka has spoken publicly that he has to remind Keane to talk on the pitch.

There should be no room at this club for a £25m player who needs protection on both sides to be half-decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.