Michael Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long list of them now fron that 80s/90s era.

Everton's Lost Boys whom failed to live up the hype or their potential.

Robbie Wakenshaw, Billy Kenny, Branchy himself, Danny Cadamateri, Franny Jeffers.

This is what happens when the attention slips from their day job, and they need to replace to cash they think they're missing out on - the cash that their contemporaries see rolling in because they kept their eye on the ball.

He won't be the last, sadly.

SAY NO TO DRUGS, KIDS

I always remember him using the corner flag for a 1-2 to get past a player. Don't think it worked but God loves a trier.

Rob Wakenshaw was a fair bit before the others on the list and I think its unfair to link them as his lack of development at Everton was down to injury unlike the others on your list

Rob Wakenshaw was a fair bit before the others on the list and I think its unfair to link them as his lack of development at Everton was down to injury unlike the others on your list

It's just a list of young guys we had high hopes for but whom, for one reason or another, never hit the heights.

There is nothing to "link" them save the fact they came through the ranks at Goodison.

A long list of them now fron that 80s/90s era.

Everton's Lost Boys whom failed to live up the hype or their potential.

Robbie Wakenshaw, Billy Kenny, Branchy himself, Danny Cadamateri, Franny Jeffers.

To be fair to Rob Wakenshaw, I don't recall him having any 'legal issues' like the rest of the names on that list.

His situation was he came through the ranks just as the great 84-87 team/squad came together and he was hard-pushed to get a game. His biggest moment was scoring the winner in a 1-0 league win at Goodison vs Man Utd in May 1984, just a few weeks before the Cup Final:

[video=youtube;xYjYxmLNvJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjYxmLNvJQ[/video]

Sotty mate, it was just that the others all seemed to play a part in their own downfall

No worries, pal ;)

I suppose if I carry the list into this era, Jose Baxter and Jimmy Vaughan would be included in our list of Lost Boys.

We always love to see our lads make it to the first team and do well and I hate when the kids with the greatest potential fall off the radar for one reason or another.

It's particularly poignant at the moment with Mick Buckley passing aeay the other week......he came through with gthe much maligned but great favourite of mine, Mick Lyons, back in my early days of going the match in the early 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.